GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   non-powered lawn mowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/80007-non-powered-lawn-mowers.html)

Pamela J Rogers 22-07-2004 07:44 PM

non-powered lawn mowers

Am getting a small new lawn and want an old-fashioned lawn mower - not
electric not petrol not battery powered!

does anyone know where I can buy one?

thanks
pam

Phil L 22-07-2004 11:03 PM

non-powered lawn mowers

Pamela J Rogers wrote:
:: Am getting a small new lawn and want an old-fashioned lawn mower -
:: not electric not petrol not battery powered!
::
:: does anyone know where I can buy one?
::
:: thanks
:: pam

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...AWNMOWERS.html

has 3 or 4, but TBH, you'll get one for a tenner or less at your local
secondhand shop or even on ebay.

HTH

Jim S 23-07-2004 10:09 PM

non-powered lawn mowers

"Phil L" wrote in message
Pamela J Rogers wrote:
:: Am getting a small new lawn and want an old-fashioned lawn mower -
:: not electric not petrol not battery powered!
::
:: does anyone know where I can buy one?
::
:: thanks
:: pam

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...AWNMOWERS.html

has 3 or 4, but TBH, you'll get one for a tenner or less at your local
secondhand shop or even on ebay.

*************

Hi,

Ive only got a small lawn as well and wanted a simple push mower. Its just
with these 'modern' push mowers i am worried about the quality of the
machine. I have always wondered if it was better to buy a 'old' second hand
machine and have it sharpened etc. - Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Jim

Steve Harris 24-07-2004 09:25 AM

non-powered lawn mowers

I bought one from B&Q for about 30 pounds

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Steve Harris 24-07-2004 10:13 AM

non-powered lawn mowers

Mike Lyle 25-07-2004 09:04 AM

non-powered lawn mowers

"Pamela J Rogers" wrote in message .uk...
Am getting a small new lawn and want an old-fashioned lawn mower - not
electric not petrol not battery powered!

does anyone know where I can buy one?

Suggestions already made by another poster; but as a footnote, is
there still a place within practical distance which will sharpen it
for you? Other readers may have some good advice on this.

Don't they make a lovely summery sound?

Mike.