Old 24-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default OXFORD BUILDERS BACK OUT of animal research laboratory at Oxford. HOORAY another one bites the dust.

A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

full story on their website.

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/press/0407mont.htm

Oxford builders back out
Statement in response to the announcement by Montpellier that it is
giving up work on the proposed Oxford animal research centre
Animal Aid welcomes the news that Montpellier, the building company
contracted to construct a new animal research laboratory at Oxford
University, has pulled out of the project. We only wish its decision
had been driven by a realisation that the proposed centre will cause
immense suffering to a large number of animals, while producing no
medical benefits for people.

Animal Aid is thoroughly committed to non-violent, non-intimidatory
campaigning, as are the vast majority of animal rights advocates. The
broad commitment to non-violence is made evident by our deep disgust
at the kind of Home Office-sanctioned cruelty that takes place in
animal labs, such as those proposed for Oxford. That animals are
deliberately poisoned, surgically mutilated, deprived of food and
water is bad enough. That such torments are claimed to point the way
towards cures for human diseases is a primitive and vicious falsehood.

For background information on animal experiments see Killing animals
and humans and our 2002 report, Bred to Suffer: animals as models of
human disease.

More and more scientists are beginning to question the validity of
animal experiments - but these same individuals are reluctant to 'come
out', for fear of the impact this would have on their career
prospects. Quite simply, animal experiments have become an ingrained
habit, with scientific careers and reputations established on the back
of them.

Some early media reports suggested that no experiments would take
place at the new Oxford University unit - it would be for housing
animals only. But this attempt at misinformation was exposed by
careful scrutiny of the plans submitted to the local authority. Oxford
needs, in future, to deal straight with the public. Moreover, it needs
to abandon its fixation on the 'animal model' and commit itself to
modern, human-centred scientific methods of research.

Andrew Tyler
Director, Animal Aid

Notes to Editors

For further information contact Andrew Tyler on 01732 364546.

We have an ISDN line for broadcast quality interviews.

Join Animal Aid in the campaign against animal experiments - send for
a free vivisection action pack today.

Top ^

www.animalaid.org.uk | site map | about us |

Animal Aid campaigns peacefully against all animal abuse, and
promotes a cruelty-free lifestyle. You can support our work by
joining, making a donation, or using our online shop. Contact Animal
Aid at The Old Chapel, Bradford Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1AW, UK,
tel +44 (0)1732 364546, fax +44 (0)1732 366533, email

Old 24-07-2004, 10:13 AM
JK

Default OXFORD BUILDERS BACK OUT of animal research laboratory at Oxford. HOORAY another one bites the d

Hooray...
Now lets fish....

Old 24-07-2004, 12:19 PM

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:21:15 +0100, Nick Maclaren
wrote:

A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

You mean you actually want to congratulate the nutters. I suppose it
takes all sorts.

Old 24-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Alex

Angling is set to achieve what was once thought impossible this Autumn as
the Government unveils its plans to protect the sport from all external
threats.
(Angling Times July 2004)
Good news even if I am a little cynical. How many anglers of voting age in
the UK? Is their a general election some time next year?

Old 24-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Neil Ellwood

wrote:

A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

You mean you actually want to congratulate the nutters. I suppose it
takes all sorts.

No - what he means is that they have taught them how to do it.
--
neil
delete delete to reply

Old 24-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Derek.Moody

wrote:

A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

You mean you actually want to congratulate the nutters. I suppose it
takes all sorts.

No he doesn't. It's another forgery, probably Pete trying a different
routing.

Cheerio,

Old 24-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Ray

wrote:

A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

You mean you actually want to congratulate the nutters. I suppose it
takes all sorts.

Congratulate, help, support do all we can to help these good people. That is
our agenda.

The above proves the our aim has been achieved (at least temporarily).

Hit the *******s where it hurts the most, in their wallet.

You are living in the past, you should give serious thought to the subject
of 'Vivisection',

before you post crap on usenet. What's you problem, Do you have shares in
Montpellier?

Old 25-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Jack Harrison

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

So I take it if you need medical treatment that involves drugs, you will
refuse on the basis that life saving drugs might have been tested on
animals?

Do you ever take medication of any sort? If so, then the word "hypocrisy"
spring to mind.

Jack

Old 25-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Michael Saunby

"Jack Harrison" wrote in message
.. .

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

So I take it if you need medical treatment that involves drugs, you will
refuse on the basis that life saving drugs might have been tested on
animals?

Might? So which prescribed drugs have not been tested on animals? Which
household cleaning products, etc. have not been safety tested on animals?
Surely the answer is as close to none as makes no difference.

Do you ever take medication of any sort? If so, then the word

"hypocrisy"
spring to mind.

ARist, hypocrite, same difference.

Michael Saunby

Old 25-07-2004, 03:03 PM

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:19:59 +0100, "Alex"

uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!skynet.be!212.159.2.65.MISMATCH!nntp-peering.plus.net!ptn-nntp-feeder01.plus.net!ptn-nntp-spool02.plus.net!ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net!not-for-mail
From: "Alex"
Newsgroups: demon.local,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.pol itics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.b irdwatching,scot.birds,uk.rec.gardening,uk.busines s.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:19:59 +0100

arse:39785

Angling is set to achieve what was once thought impossible this Autumn as
the Government unveils its plans to protect the sport from all external
threats.
(Angling Times July 2004)
Good news even if I am a little cynical. How many anglers of voting age in
the UK? Is their a general election some time next year?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
.. .
A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

STOP ABUSING INTERNET
--
Martin

Old 25-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Vicar Peter Parsnip

Be still! and revere , who blessed us with their presence on 25 Jul
2004...

wrote:

uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!skynet.be!212.159.2.65.MISMATCH!nntp-peering.p
lus.net!ptn-nntp-feeder01.plus.net!ptn-nntp-spool02.plus.net!ptn-nntp-rea
der02.plus.net!not-for-mail From: "Alex"
Newsgroups:
demon.local,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.p olitics.animals,uk.enviro
nment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,scot.bird s,uk.rec.gardening,uk.bus
iness.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse References:
Subject: OXFORD
BUILDERS BACK OUT of animal research laboratory at Oxford. HOORAY
another one bites the dust. Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:19:59 +0100
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian:159519 talk.politics.animals:338929
uk.environment.conservation:59361 uk.rec.birdwatching:101052
scot.birds:6232 uk.rec.gardening:261443 uk.business.agricultu169046
uk.rec.fishing.coarse:39785

Angling is set to achieve what was once thought impossible this Autumn
as the Government unveils its plans to protect the sport from all
external threats. (Angling Times July 2004)
Good news even if I am a little cynical. How many anglers of voting age
in the UK? Is their a general election some time next year?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
. ..
A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

STOP ABUSING INTERNET

You first.

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
VISIT ME ONLINE AT:

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with
the rod, he shall not die." -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)
Old 25-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jack Harrison" wrote in message
.. .

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in

educating
people on the abuse of animals.

So I take it if you need medical treatment that involves drugs, you

will
refuse on the basis that life saving drugs might have been tested on
animals?

Do you ever take medication of any sort? If so, then the word

"hypocrisy"
spring to mind.

You forgot to include the use of pigs in the deverlopment of radiation
treatment of cancer, and a variety of animals for various heart
surgical techniques. So the OP had better not ever contract cancer or
a heart problem if he wishes to be true to his "principles", if I may
call them that.

Franz

Old 25-07-2004, 04:03 PM
P.Kyle esquire

wrote in news

Newsgroups:
[...]

YES!

--
Phil Kyle esq.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

"That's not cheese, it's the product of an unwashed foreskin."

- Craig "I like cheese" Oldfield

Old 25-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Ray

"Michael Saunby" wrote in message

"Jack Harrison" wrote in message
.. .

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
A hearty well done to Animal Aid and co for their efforts in educating
people on the abuse of animals.

So I take it if you need medical treatment that involves drugs, you will
refuse on the basis that life saving drugs might have been tested on
animals?

Might? So which prescribed drugs have not been tested on animals? Which
household cleaning products, etc. have not been safety tested on animals?
Surely the answer is as close to none as makes no difference.

Do you ever take medication of any sort? If so, then the word

"hypocrisy"
spring to mind.

ARist, hypocrite, same difference.

Michael Saunby.

Vivisectionists, researchers, scientists call them what you will, they are
all a bunch of "cowards" who abuse animals for a salary.

OTH. Michael Saunby is the only person who admits, in open forum, that he
abuses animals for pleasure.

What can you call this kind of person?

Old 25-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Michael Saunby

"Ray" wrote in message

[...]

Another victim of the AR lie machine? See http://www.vare.org.uk for other
examples of the way AR extremists such as Ray use lies and the threat of
lies to terrorise decent honest people who refuse to accept the dishonest
propaganda ARists.

It speaks volumes to learn that you support actions like this - ref :
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...p?story=543009

QUOTE
Last week the man, who wishes to remain anonymous, received a note headed:
"A serious warning from Animal Rights Activists."
It said: "If the company does not stop building the animal laboratory at
Oxford within one week a letter about you will mailed to hundreds of your
neighbours. This letter will make several allegations about your personal
life. It will also contain a forged criminal record showing a string of
sexual offences committed by yourself throughout your adult life."

END QUOTE

Seems that UK AR activist standards of honesty and decency are no better in
their dealings outwith Usenet. Why doesn't that surprise me? The sooner
the lot of you are locked up the better!

Michael Saunby