GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Suppliers of large (landscape?) Rakes in the Midlands? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/80213-suppliers-large-landscape-rakes-midlands.html)

Ade 25-07-2004 10:04 PM

Suppliers of large (landscape?) Rakes in the Midlands?

Hello there,

We want to prepare the front garden ~200m^2 for turf laying, but I
would like to use a large rake instead of the B&Q special we currently
have.

Can anyone recommend a supplier based in the Midlands, (Stourbridge
Area)?

I believe it is a Landscape Rake I require, but most of the googling I
have done turns up america websites

Thanks in advance

Adrian

David Hill 25-07-2004 10:40 PM

Suppliers of large (landscape?) Rakes in the Midlands?

Instead of a landscape rake you can get the same if not better result with
an ordinary rake and another with a 3ft or 4ft length of 3x1(Or metric
equivalent) fastened to it, this latter is used to level the ground and the
rake to move soil to fill in hollows or to remove humps the level won't.
A landscape rake takes some getting used to.

PS LBS sell them, at a price.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries