Old 31-07-2004, 10:14 AM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Wisteria flowering again

Hi,

in my usual "never do it at the right time" style of gardening I have just
pruned the Wisteria where it grows along the balcony, because the balcony
was disappearing under new growth.

I also gave the Wisteria a big drink a few days back because of the hot
weather.

It is now putting out new growth along the balcony, including flowers.

These are not the large blooms you get in spring, but nevertheless they are
genuine flowers.

Is this common, or is the poor plant as confused as I am?

Cheers
Dave R

P.S. not sure if it is the pruning or the watering after a dry spell

Old 01-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Diane Epps

--
I have a wisteria venusta which does this regularly I believe it is the

pruning that sets it off . I have to keep it under control as it is very
vigerous and I have it strung on a catenery. I prune 2 a year after it has
flowered and again in the winter/early spring.
Diane