GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mixed camomile lawns [Was: Buckingham Palace Garden] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/80814-mixed-camomile-lawns-%5B-re-buckingham-palace-garden%5D.html)

Mike Lyle 30-07-2004 07:03 PM

Mixed camomile lawns [Was: Buckingham Palace Garden]

Sorry to get back to the subject, but can somebody confirm or deny my
belief that the Buck House lawns are made of a judicious mixture of
grass and camomile? I always recommend people to stick as many
camomiles in their lawns as they can afford, plus thymus serpyllum ad
lib (yes, yes, I know: but I like it).

I know there's a way of putting yourself forward to get invited to one
of the garden parties, and I reckon I look bloody stunning in morning
dress; but I imagine asking somebody is probably quicker.

Mike.

Sacha 30-07-2004 11:35 PM

Mixed camomile lawns [Was: Buckingham Palace Garden]

On 30/7/04 7:03 pm, in article
, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Sorry to get back to the subject, but can somebody confirm or deny my
belief that the Buck House lawns are made of a judicious mixture of
grass and camomile? I always recommend people to stick as many
camomiles in their lawns as they can afford, plus thymus serpyllum ad
lib (yes, yes, I know: but I like it).

I know there's a way of putting yourself forward to get invited to one
of the garden parties, and I reckon I look bloody stunning in morning
dress; but I imagine asking somebody is probably quicker.

Mike.

You could email the Buck House web site, too - even quicker. ;-) It's a
good long time since I took tea there but I don't remember anything but
grass. Chamomile is very pungent and I have no recollection of that at all.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk