GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis armandii (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/80901-clematis-armandii.html)

Judith Atkinson 03-08-2004 10:27 AM

Clematis armandii

My Clematis armandii is flowering again fairly profusely, this is the
first time I've had this happen, any more out there?

Judith

sarah 03-08-2004 06:25 PM

Clematis armandii

Judith Atkinson wrote:

My Clematis armandii is flowering again fairly profusely, this is the
first time I've had this happen, any more out there?

Not mine :-) I cut the tangled mess it had become back to the ground in
the spring as I tidied that border. I had 3/4 hoped it would die and
save me the decision as to whether or not to keep the thug, but It's got
two shoots about 2m long now and I have to decide after all.

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.

chris 04-08-2004 11:55 AM

Clematis armandii

(sarah) wrote in message ...
Judith Atkinson wrote:

My Clematis armandii is flowering again fairly profusely, this is the
first time I've had this happen, any more out there?

Not mine :-) I cut the tangled mess it had become back to the ground in
the spring as I tidied that border. I had 3/4 hoped it would die and
save me the decision as to whether or not to keep the thug, but It's got
two shoots about 2m long now and I have to decide after all.

regards
sarah

=======================

A few weeks back we had a very cold period here on Tyneside, all my
clematis stopped growing. As the temparatures rose a bit I noticed my
Alpina plant were budding and have now flowered again, albeit only a
couple of flowers.

If you have had a cold snap this summer, maybe the plant was fooled
into thinking it was later in the year...???

Chris

nambucca 04-08-2004 01:07 PM

Clematis armandii

"Judith Atkinson" wrote in
message ...

My Clematis armandii is flowering again fairly profusely, this is the
first time I've had this happen, any more out there?

Judith

me too .......happened last year too

Judith Atkinson 05-08-2004 11:35 AM

Clematis armandii

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:07:27 +0000 (UTC), "nambucca"
wrote:

"Judith Atkinson" wrote in
message ...

My Clematis armandii is flowering again fairly profusely, this is the
first time I've had this happen, any more out there?

Judith

me too .......happened last year too

I cut mine hard back after it had flowered, perhaps this has something
to do with it

Judith

Judith Atkinson 05-08-2004 11:35 AM

Clematis armandii

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:07:27 +0000 (UTC), "nambucca"
wrote:

"Judith Atkinson" wrote in
message ...