Old 06-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Mike

Default Hand trowel & fork suggestions

"Bella" wrote in message
Today I snapped my hand trowel from the handle, the third time in recent
weeks. I am now left with two hand forks, the first fork also snapped. The
latest trowel to snap was a recommended good make. Any recommendations for

*VERY* good make would be most welcome.

TIA. Bella

Not designed for hooking up concrete :-((

--
British Pacific Fleet Reunion Birmingham September 17th - 20th
H.M.S.Collingwood Assoc. Mini Reunion Weekend at Coventry Sept 24th - 27th

Old 06-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Bella

Today I snapped my hand trowel from the handle, the third time in recent
weeks. I am now left with two hand forks, the first fork also snapped. The
latest trowel to snap was a recommended good make. Any recommendations for a

Old 06-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Franz Heymann

"Bella" wrote in message
Today I snapped my hand trowel from the handle, the third time in

recent
weeks. I am now left with two hand forks, the first fork also

snapped. The
latest trowel to snap was a recommended good make. Any

recommendations for a
*VERY* good make would be most welcome.

Mine is the cheapest I could find at Woolworths 20 years ago. It
still works, but I must admit I don't use it for dislodging big
stones. I have a small hand pick for that.

Franz

Old 07-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Bella

"Janet Baraclough.." replied.
snip
My favourite set are so old (around 25 years) that the makers labels
have long since worn off, but I think you can still buy them. They won a
design award and are really comfortable to use.

---
Thanks for your replies. I was digging round everlasting sweetpea roots when
the trowel snapped. Pity the trowel wasn't everlasting too, considering the
price I paid for the set! Ah well, I search on.

Bella

Old 07-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Robert E A Harvey

"Bella" wrote in message ...
Today I snapped my hand trowel from the handle, the third time in recent
weeks. I am now left with two hand forks, the first fork also snapped. The
latest trowel to snap was a recommended good make. Any recommendations for a
*VERY* good make would be most welcome.

TIA. Bella

I have an old spear&jackson, and an old discount shop special.
Thye don't make the S&J one I have any more, but SJ5030HR 'heritage'
is similar, should be under £10. Don't know how well it might
perform, but looks well made. Or you might want to look at the Draper
Carbon Steel Hand Trowel 32327 which has a different method of
attachment to the handle, not a simple tang. Only seen it in shops,
but it's cheap enough. About £6

Old 07-08-2004, 10:00 PM
IntarsiaCo

Any recommendations for a
*VERY* good make would be most welcome.

I can't speak to specific brands, but a professional nursery trowel of forged
carbon steel with a socket design handle will only need to be purchased once a
lifetime unless lost or stolen. They cost about $20 US dollars, perhap 11 UK
pounds.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Edwin Spector

Wickes (own brand). Best trowel I've had - sturdy welded steel. Cost only a
handful of squids.

Edwin.

Wanted 2 pronged hand fork Moonraker United Kingdom 5 20-02-2012 02:36 AM
Hand trowel question, could be tricky!! mrmagoo United Kingdom 6 21-02-2011 11:24 AM
Really strong hand trowel Rob United Kingdom 10 24-04-2010 04:22 AM
trowel? BB[_2_] United Kingdom 8 07-06-2008 02:16 AM
Teens and Abortion; Hand in Hand?: Is It the Answer? Michael Calwell Ponds 12 20-05-2005 03:00 AM