GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   freezing runners (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/81237-freezing-runners.html)

Ros Butt 07-08-2004 10:53 AM

freezing runners

Thanks to all who advised with their experiences on whether or not to
blanch runners for freezing. There seemed to be more who didn't blanch
than those who did. I'm freezing without blanching this year and see how I
get on.

Regards
Ros
Chichester
West Sussex, UK.

Cerumen 07-08-2004 09:08 PM

freezing runners

"Ros Butt" wrote in message
Thanks to all who advised with their experiences on whether or not to
blanch runners for freezing. There seemed to be more who didn't blanch
than those who did. I'm freezing without blanching this year and see how

get on.

In the interests of a more balanced report and given that crop quality
varies from year to year maybe you should try blanching some and not
others and see what the difference is?

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork