Old 10-08-2004, 05:19 PM
p.mc

Default toms

Do you pick toms by size or colour?

The reason I ask is because I have two varietys in a grow bag, Allacante and
Beefstake.
Some toms are red and small and some big and green, and this occurs on both
varietys, do you pick the big and green ones and let them ripen on a window
sill and leave the small red ones to grow bigger?

TIA

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

Old 10-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Kay

In article , p.mc
writes
Do you pick toms by size or colour?

The reason I ask is because I have two varietys in a grow bag, Allacante and
Beefstake.
Some toms are red and small and some big and green, and this occurs on both
varietys, do you pick the big and green ones and let them ripen on a window
sill and leave the small red ones to grow bigger?

Colour. Once they are red, they won't get any bigger.
They develop a better taste if allowed to ripen on the plant.

So pick the small red ones and eat them, and leave the big green ones on
the plant to ripen.

The other way round, the red ones won't grow and will after a time start
to shrivel. The green ones may ripen or may rot, and the ripened ones
won't taste as good as if they had ripened on the plant.
--
Kay