Old 15-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Franz Heymann

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message

[snip]

But I must admit that when I read the ferocious fights you guys
soemtimes get into over these issues in the UK, my conclusion is
that the UK is simply overpopulated and overcrowded.

You can say that again.

These spats
over fences resemble nothing so much as rats fighting when
overcrowded in a cage.

Yes.

[snip]

Franz

Old 15-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Bill Pritchard

It's a 6ft one made of thatch that I bought from the local garden centre. There
seems to be no definitive answer to this. I can't believe that it's never
happened before.
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional
Old 15-08-2004, 12:33 PM
BAC

"Bill Pritchard" wrote in message
To clarify, my screen is fixed to the fence he erected on my side of the
boundary when he replaced my old fence.
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional

Simple, tell him to remove his fence from your land, pronto, then build what
you want in its place.

Old 19-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Doug.

"BAC" wrote in message

"Bill Pritchard" wrote in message
To clarify, my screen is fixed to the fence he erected on my side of

the
boundary when he replaced my old fence.
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional

Simple, tell him to remove his fence from your land, pronto, then

build what
you want in its place.

******
Look!. Let's go back to basics.
Before anything else you have to define exactly your borderline. That
is, the borderline between yours and the neighbour's house. Then you
can
put on your side what you like within the local height laws. If it's a
fence, then quite simply the fence 'facing' or the 'support' posts
whichever you choose to have facing the other side must not be over the
borderline.
Everything of yours must be on your side of that borderline. No part of
your fence can be over or beyond that borderline.
Work out that borderline and you've cracked it.
If his fence has any part of it over that borderline and is on your side
then you can
politely and in friendly manner point it out to him, by letter if he
gets fractious, then if you have to take action you can say that you
have followed, but exhausted the normal conciliatory routes without
reaching an acceptable conclusion..
Doug.
******

Old 21-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Doug.

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
What are the limits you can have a Conservatory or Sun Lounge to a
neighbour's land/property? And does it matter if they own the fence?
AND, does this distance vary from Council to Council?
We are a semi and I am 'thinking' of a Sun Lounge up to my neighbour
or as close as we can. No problem with any dispute with these
neighbours as we get on very well with ALL of them, front, back and
side :-)).

You will find most answers here.

http://www.onlineplanningoffices.co.uk

Apart from the pure legal requirements many people go wrong by not

talking
to their neighbours before they start work. Often a mutually

acceptable
solution can be found. Likewise it is well worth talking to the

planners
before making an application if you need to make one.

******
Corporation Planners?
Please to not make me laugh out loud. They have a small amount of power
and they are , almost without exception, ignorant tyrants. Do not upset
them or they will block you all the way .
I have had wrong information given to me by them and then, after a
costly fence construction was completed been ordered to take it down,
they even objected to the paint colour which matched that of the lower
half of the house.
My friend designed a lovely bungalow and they didn't like him either.
They blocked him so much all along the line that he had a nervous
breakdown and his house is now a bog-standard 'dump'.
Walk and speak very carefully among those arrogant Jobsworthies.
Or it will be the worse for you.
Doug.
******