Old 16-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Helen

Default Gluteus Maximus

Enjoy your posts - its good to see posts by people who care for animals - in
particular those creatures who are not the "warm and cuddly" kind- such as
fish, lobsters etc. They rarely get a mention; but have feelings just as
much as the cute animals.

Old 16-08-2004, 12:07 PM
John Edgar

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:52:17 +0100, Gluteus Maximus
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:31:32 +1000, "Helen" wrote:

Enjoy your posts

Why thank you. There are many who feel the same about wildlife, we
just get to see a very vocal minority of kooks who brag about killing.

- its good to see posts by people who care for animals - in
particular those creatures who are not the "warm and cuddly" kind- such as
fish, lobsters etc. They rarely get a mention; but have feelings just as
much as the cute animals.

Not to mention the incy wincy spiders and bugs. Why kill and destroy
anything when you don't need to?

Like eating meat, it's something we have all been condition to accept
without thinking, killing slugs, snails, spiders, foxes, deer. All
completely unnecessary as many of us with gardens can testify.

Better for us, the environment and wildlife.

All animals have feelings. Nothing wants to die and why should it.

We should all stand up and be counted.

I don't agree. To attribute human feeling to insensate creatures is
simplistic in the extreme. Your average spider, cockroach, fox, hen or
eland has no feeling whatsoever as to death, the environment, or
wildlife. They just are. These are human concepts.

If I want to eat meat, then I will. It is not a question of
conditioning. I just need a bacon butty every so often. Who
conditioned the lions to eat meat anyway?
John
In limine sapientiae
Old 16-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Cereus-validus

You tell 'em, Bubble Booty!!!

You can ponder their feelings next time you enjoy all-you-can-eat at Red
Lobster!!!

Don't forget the melted butter!!!!

Old 17-08-2004, 10:39 AM
John Edgar

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:19:10 +0100, Gluteus Maximus
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Nothing to do with human feelings. Just feelings.

Animals do not have feelings - they react.
Simplistic is good
in this day and age.

Quite obviously
The best things in life are the simplest.

Your average spider, cockroach, fox, hen or
eland has no feeling whatsoever as to death, the environment, or
wildlife. They just are. These are human concepts.

Crap. Nothing wants to die and often tries very hard to avoid death

In the case of animals it is mere reaction to pain

Even if they were only human feelings, so what.

Animals do not have human feelings - how can they? They are not human.

If I want to eat meat, then I will.

Proud boast. No doubt pedophiles, bank robbers and other psychotic
arseholes make the same claim?

Probably. Are you comparing those who eat meat with child molestors
etc? Are you serious?

It is not a question of
conditioning. I just need a bacon butty every so often. Who
conditioned the lions to eat meat anyway?

They eat to survive

So do I, and you as well.

and their diet is based on that. You stuff your
face with meat because you're a spoilt brat, because of this animals
suffer needlessly.

You do not sound like a real vegetarian at all. You sound like a
political vegetarian. I have friends who are real vegetarians, for
generations back. They have no objection to others eating meat. They
just don't want to do it and have never done so. No-one in their
family touches meat either. But they are tolerant people. Political
vegetarians are not and hence really cannot be taken seriously I am
afraid. For them it is just a fad, with no real understanding of what
it means to be a vegetarian proper. One thing it does not mean is
forcing ignorant and miss-guided views on others.

Live and let live, and I am talking about humans here. Animals would
not understand.
John
In limine sapientiae
Old 17-08-2004, 10:39 AM
John Edgar

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:49:39 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

You tell 'em, Bubble Booty!!!

You can ponder their feelings next time you enjoy all-you-can-eat at Red
Lobster!!!

Don't forget the melted butter!!!!

What about the feelings of the melted butter?
u...

Old 17-08-2004, 04:20 PM
John Edgar

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:46:02 +0100, Derek Moody
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

PRAT.

in this day and age.

Quite obviously
The best things in life are the simplest.

Your average spider, cockroach, fox, hen or
eland has no feeling whatsoever as to death, the environment, or
wildlife. They just are. These are human concepts.

Crap. Nothing wants to die and often tries very hard to avoid death

In the case of animals it is mere reaction to pain

Even if they were only human feelings, so what.

Animals do not have human feelings - how can they? They are not human.

If I want to eat meat, then I will.

Proud boast. No doubt pedophiles, bank robbers and other psychotic
arseholes make the same claim?

Probably. Are you comparing those who eat meat with child molestors
etc? Are you serious?

Only those who participate and support animal abuse.

Is keeping a pet abuse? Surely you do not believe in slavery and yet
many so-called "animal lovers" enslave them, don't they? Let them run
free then they can be free members of society.

There is a clear
connection between the two, most animal abusers will often go on to
abuse children and adults

Really. I would like to see some figures.. Most are just yellow
****ers. Strange I
have never been sexually abused or physically abused, don't suppose
it's because I look like I'd give the yellow shits a good kicking!

It is not a question of
conditioning. I just need a bacon butty every so often. Who
conditioned the lions to eat meat anyway?

They eat to survive

So do I, and you as well.

No you proudly boast about abusing animals because you can.

I have never "boasted" about abusing animals. I eat them.

That makes
you a ****** saunby.

and their diet is based on that. You stuff your
face with meat because you're a spoilt brat, because of this animals
suffer needlessly.

You do not sound like a real vegetarian at all. You sound like a
political vegetarian. I have friends who are real vegetarians, for
generations back. They have no objection to others eating meat.

Irrelevant. Most of us have no problem with gullible people eating
meat, eventually with our help they will see the light, slowly but
surely it's happening.

Animal abuse is no longer acceptable in any form.

Don't try to link pro animal abuse kooks with your average meatarian
who thinks not where their food comes from.

They
just don't want to do it and have never done so. No-one in their
family touches meat either. But they are tolerant people. Political
vegetarians are not and hence really cannot be taken seriously I am
afraid.

Dream on.

For them it is just a fad, with no real understanding of what
it means to be a vegetarian proper. One thing it does not mean is
forcing ignorant and miss-guided views on others.

Really, what views are they then? That we should not eat meat

Live and let live, and I am talking about humans here.

Pedophiles and criminals say the same. It's crap you'll need to be a
little more discerning.

Animals would
not understand.

That doesn't matter, we do and we fight for them, just as we fight for
other downtrodden members of society. Animals are members of society?

Cheerio,

SUPPORT ISRAEL

Myths & Facts Online
A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict
By Mitchell G. Bard

http://tinyurl.com/ysepr

+------------------------+
| NO PLONKING ZONE |
+------------------------+
| | |
| | | |
..| |.. .| |..
...\| |/.... \| |/..

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com

John
In limine sapientiae