Old 17-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Kay

Default When are figs ripe?

Our figs are just getting ripe enough for eating, and I notice that as
well as the obvious colour changes, as the fig becomes ripe and soft, it
also starts to droop at the neck and is no longer standing there quit so
stiffly - a useful indication as to which fruit is likely to be ready in
the next couple of days.
--
Kay

Old 17-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Kevin Groves

Kay wrote:
Our figs are just getting ripe enough for eating, and I notice that as
well as the obvious colour changes, as the fig becomes ripe and soft, it
also starts to droop at the neck and is no longer standing there quit so
stiffly - a useful indication as to which fruit is likely to be ready in
the next couple of days.

That is about right. Had my first crop ever this summer and they were
just amazing. Second lot of fruit is growing very quickly and fingers
crossed with the weather.

Kev,