Old 18-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Kate Morgan

Default Happy 80th Birthday

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Janet

and so say all of us :-)
Old 18-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Even if I am a cantankerous old argumentative octogenarian?

Many thanks, Janet. I appreciate it more than you realise.

But to get to the point: How on earth did you discover when my
birthday is, a n that I am not a mere youngster?

Franz

Janet

Old 18-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Franz Heymann

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Janet

and so say all of us :-)

You are most kind and thoughtful. I really do appreciate your good
wishes.

Franz

Old 18-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:09:01 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you!

I bet you are only doing this to see if I will falter under the weight
of these good wishes. Nevertheless, I would like to let you know how
much I appreciate that I do have friends in urg..

Franz

Old 18-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Kay

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

And from me too

Even if I am a cantankerous old argumentative octogenarian?

Many thanks, Janet. I appreciate it more than you realise.

But to get to the point: How on earth did you discover when my
birthday is, a n that I am not a mere youngster?

I think we all knew you were not a mere youngster (1) - you've posted a
few historical notes in urg ;-)

(1) these terms are relative of course - I know several people who would
still consider you a youngster!
--
Kay

Old 18-08-2004, 01:32 PM
GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Even if I am a cantankerous old argumentative octogenarian?

Many thanks, Janet. I appreciate it more than you realise.

But to get to the point: How on earth did you discover when my
birthday is, a n that I am not a mere youngster?

Give 'im the bumps I say :0)

Old 18-08-2004, 02:35 PM
BAC

"GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Even if I am a cantankerous old argumentative octogenarian?

Many thanks, Janet. I appreciate it more than you realise.

But to get to the point: How on earth did you discover when my
birthday is, a n that I am not a mere youngster?

Give 'im the bumps I say :0)

That custom seems to have all but died out, I fear. Besides, he might prefer
a tradition associated with a country other than England, there are quite a
few to choose from, according to
http://www.ebirthdaycards.org/traditions.htm

Old 18-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:39:25 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Even if I am a cantankerous old argumentative octogenarian?

Many thanks, Janet. I appreciate it more than you realise.

But to get to the point: How on earth did you discover when my
birthday is, a n that I am not a mere youngster?

Ophelia wished you a happy birthday 12 months ago.
You mentioned recently that you weren't 80 until your next birthday.

Ahhh......some folk are able to work out that 79 and 1 make 80.

Franz

Old 18-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Franz Heymann

"GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY" wrote in
message ...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote

in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Even if I am a cantankerous old argumentative octogenarian?

Many thanks, Janet. I appreciate it more than you realise.

But to get to the point: How on earth did you discover when my
birthday is, a n that I am not a mere youngster?

Give 'im the bumps I say :0)

Does a double sized single of Laphroig count a one or two of the
bumps?

Franz

Old 18-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Franz Heymann

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

And from me too

Thank you, Kay. My friends in urg have made my day.
Would you like some of your Helxine back? It is overrunning its
allotted space.

[snip, lest Janet chides me again for bad editing practice]]

Franz

Old 18-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Robert

Happy Birthday Franz, you don't know me but we have 'corresponded' a few
times.

Old 18-08-2004, 07:24 PM
David Hill

Martin said ".....shhh! he's blowing out all those candles :-)....."

Sorry Martin its not candles but a bonfire.

Have a great birthday Franz and many more years in URG.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 18-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Franz
Happy Birthday to you

Even if I am a cantankerous old argumentative octogenarian?

Yes indeed - from a c.o.a. septuagenarian.
Keep digging Franz!
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 18-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Franz Heymann

"David Hill" wrote in message
Martin said ".....shhh! he's blowing out all those candles

:-)....."

Sorry Martin its not candles but a bonfire.

Have a great birthday Franz and many more years in URG.

Many thanks, David. I really did not realise how many friends I have
made in URG, in spite of my cantankerousness.

Franz