Old 19-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Leslie

Default Unwins and Marshalls

Both these companies have been bought out by the Westland group, It seems
such a shame as Marshalls are one of the best companies around.

.................................Leslie

Old 19-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Rod

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:16:01 +0100, "Leslie"
wrote:

It seems such a shame as Marshalls are one of the best companies around.

They were, quality has gone down a bit recently and we've had a couple
of instances of packets containing the wrong seeds - like Nigella in a
packet that was supposed to be Fennel.
I hope Westland can bring themselves to allow seedspersons to run the
thing rather than accountants and will bring it back to what it was.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 19-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Stephen Howard

wrote:

It seems such a shame as Marshalls are one of the best companies around.

They were, quality has gone down a bit recently and we've had a couple
of instances of packets containing the wrong seeds - like Nigella in a
packet that was supposed to be Fennel.
I hope Westland can bring themselves to allow seedspersons to run the
thing rather than accountants and will bring it back to what it was.

Ah...that might well explain why my hanging basket full of seed grown
'Tumbler' tomato plants looks a bit, well, bloody stupid - consisting
as it does of what appears to be half a dozen full sized shrub tomato
plants ( possibly Gardener's Delight ).

Tumbling? No...more like hanging on desperately under the weight.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 20-08-2004, 08:21 AM
jane

wrote:

~Both these companies have been bought out by the Westland group, It seems
~such a shame as Marshalls are one of the best companies around.
~
~ .................................Leslie
~
~
Bummer.

But at least we can hope that their "currently being redeveloped" for
over a year website will now be redone properly to allow online sales
again.

jane, glad she already has all the soft fruit bushes she needs

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 20-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Robert

: wrote:
:
: ~Both these companies have been bought out by the Westland group, It seems
: ~such a shame as Marshalls are one of the best companies around.
: ~
: ~ .................................Leslie
: ~
: ~
: Bummer.
:
: But at least we can hope that their "currently being redeveloped" for
: over a year website will now be redone properly to allow online sales
: again.
:
: jane, glad she already has all the soft fruit bushes she needs
:
: --
: jane

Yes I know, it's a real pain not being able to order online and it never
changes