Old 20-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Seagul

Default Beech tree catepillars - Indent required

I have just found some large clusters of catepillars on some Beech tree
saplings I am growing. They have almost stripped the the sapplings bare.
I have never come across these before and I would be interested if anyone
could identify them for me.
I have posted a couple of pictures on my website:
http://www.paulgulliver.co.uk/Temp/

Thanks,

Paul

Old 21-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Tumbleweed

"Seagul" wrote in message
I have just found some large clusters of catepillars on some Beech tree
saplings I am growing. They have almost stripped the the sapplings bare.
I have never come across these before and I would be interested if anyone
could identify them for me.
I have posted a couple of pictures on my website:
http://www.paulgulliver.co.uk/Temp/

Thanks,

Paul

Buff tip?

http://www.whatsthiscaterpillar.co.u.../Buff-tip.html
http://www.javajane.co.uk/Hairy/slides/bufftipmoth.html

According to this guy, good to eat, please let me know if thats the case :-)
http://www.foodreference.com/html/artinsects8.html

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 21-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Seagul

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"Seagul" wrote in message
I have just found some large clusters of catepillars on some Beech tree
saplings I am growing. They have almost stripped the the sapplings bare.
I have never come across these before and I would be interested if

anyone
could identify them for me.
I have posted a couple of pictures on my website:
http://www.paulgulliver.co.uk/Temp/

Thanks,

Paul

Buff tip?

http://www.whatsthiscaterpillar.co.u.../Buff-tip.html
http://www.javajane.co.uk/Hairy/slides/bufftipmoth.html

According to this guy, good to eat, please let me know if thats the case

:-)
http://www.foodreference.com/html/artinsects8.html

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Tumbleweed,

Thanks for the indent, if its all the same to you I will pass on the eating
bit and let the birds sort them out - I don't want to appear greedy.

Paul

broccoli pest? 1/8 to 1/4 inch long green catepillars DigitalVinyl Edible Gardening 6 26-05-2004 06:03 AM
zebra-striped catepillars shsnow Edible Gardening 5 13-08-2003 05:03 AM
'Topiary' Copper Beech Tree?? Alison United Kingdom 4 29-05-2003 05:24 AM
Copper Beech Tree Pam Gardening 4 07-04-2003 03:32 PM
will this beech tree survive alan kearn United Kingdom 1 05-03-2003 08:08 AM