Old 22-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Broadback

Default How fast do runner beans grow?

No matter how I hunt for runner beans, and pick all available, the next
day on walking past I almost bang my head on a large bunch.

Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?

Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.
Old 22-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Bob Hobden

"Broadback"wrote
No matter how I hunt for runner beans, and pick all available, the next
day on walking past I almost bang my head on a large bunch.

Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?

I expect you are missing them, no matter how hard one tries to pick them all
if someone else walks down the row they will spot ones left behind.
The Foreman's always telling me off for missing them. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Old 22-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Broadback

GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

No matter how I hunt for runner beans, and pick all available, the next
day on walking past I almost bang my head on a large bunch.

Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?

They hide when you are picking, only emerging after you have gone indoors
to cook their siblings.

Ph wee, thank goodness for that, I was really in a tiz. :-)

Old 22-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Kate Morgan

snip
They hide when you are picking, only emerging after you have gone indoors
to cook their siblings.

Ph wee, thank goodness for that, I was really in a tiz. :-)

yes I agree with that :-) do peeps grow them up wigwams or rows?

Old 22-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Bob Hobden

"Kate Morgan" wrote
snip
They hide when you are picking, only emerging after you have gone

indoors
to cook their siblings.

Ph wee, thank goodness for that, I was really in a tiz. :-)

yes I agree with that :-) do peeps grow them up wigwams or rows?

Rows, but then we do have a couple of allotments. Sue's father used to grow
them straight up strings nailed on his 6ft fences all around his very small
garden, looked good as a background each year (hid the fences) and he got a
good crop too.

Old 23-08-2004, 06:23 AM
Robert

:
: Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?
:
: Please do not reply by Email, as all
: emails to this address are automatically deleted.

They do grow really fast and need picking each or every two days to avoid
those big stringy ones that they sell in the shops

Runner beans, wot beans ?? AriesVal[_11_] United Kingdom 17 18-07-2011 11:38 AM
Is a runner bean a runner bean lloyd United Kingdom 9 28-09-2009 10:12 PM
Runner Beans mark United Kingdom 27 01-05-2009 10:37 PM
Runner Beans - No Beans ! Mike United Kingdom 10 02-09-2004 04:17 PM
Runner Beans, lots of flowers but no beans X United Kingdom 6 19-06-2003 09:32 AM