Old 24-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Jo

Default Honeysuckle mildew? Can I post a photograph?

My honeysuckle did well all last year (when I first planted it)..grew
rapidly & bloomed beautifully. However this year it seems to have developed
something on the leaves. I posted a query shortly after this first happened
at the beginning of summer and was advised by a large number of you to cut
back the affected parts & see what happened. This I did and the plant has
grown rapidly again and bloomed, but the leaf spots are back again in full
force. I think it may be powdery mildew, but I'm not sure.
I have a very clear photograph of the affected leaves which I tried to post
to the group, but there was an error in posting. Is this prohibited? I am
not aware of the rules in posting pictures. Would someone please enlighten
me.

Thank-you kindly,

Jo

Old 24-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Phil L

Jo wrote:
:: My honeysuckle did well all last year (when I first planted
:: it)..grew rapidly & bloomed beautifully. However this year it
:: seems to have developed something on the leaves. I posted a query
:: shortly after this first happened at the beginning of summer and
:: was advised by a large number of you to cut back the affected
:: parts & see what happened. This I did and the plant has grown
:: rapidly again and bloomed, but the leaf spots are back again in
:: full force. I think it may be powdery mildew, but I'm not sure.
:: I have a very clear photograph of the affected leaves which I
:: tried to post to the group, but there was an error in posting. Is
:: this prohibited? I am not aware of the rules in posting pictures.
:: Would someone please enlighten me.
::
:: Thank-you kindly,
::
:: Jo

This is a text only group...most news servers carrying it will not allow
binaries (pictures) to be sent to it...have a look through your newsgroup
list and see if you can get to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
If you sucessfully send it to that group, we will be able to veiw it
(provided our news servers carry it!)

HTH

Old 24-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Richard Sterry

Jo wrote:
My honeysuckle did well all last year (when I first planted it)..grew
rapidly & bloomed beautifully. However this year it seems to have
developed something on the leaves. I posted a query shortly after this
first happened at the beginning of summer and was advised by a large
number of you to cut back the affected parts & see what happened. This I
did and the plant has grown rapidly again and bloomed, but the leaf spots
are back again in full force. I think it may be powdery mildew, but I'm
not sure.
I have a very clear photograph of the affected leaves which I tried to
post to the group, but there was an error in posting. Is this
prohibited? I am not aware of the rules in posting pictures. Would
someone please enlighten me.

Binaries are a no-no in newsgroups like this, but you can upload it to a web
site and then post the link. See the thread "Plant identification" for a
good example of this practice.

Rick

Old 24-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Jo

Thanks,

I have posted it to alt.binaries.pictures.gardening for the time being. If
you get a chance and are able to view it I'd be grateful. Off to bed now.
Goodnight,

Jo