GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   greengages? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/82373-greengages.html)

Geoffreykensharp 25-08-2004 12:25 AM

greengages?

Hi Nick
Many thanks for your comments. I believe the traditional dish for these is
greengage tart, so am hoping the wife will go ahead with it.
You are very welcome to some, but regrettably we are in West Wales.

Nick Maclaren 25-08-2004 09:43 AM

In article ,
ospam (Geoffreykensharp) writes:

| Many thanks for your comments. I believe the traditional dish for these is
| greengage tart, so am hoping the wife will go ahead with it.

One of many. Also pies, crumble, jam etc.

| You are very welcome to some, but regrettably we are in West Wales.

Shucks. Thanks.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Geoffreykensharp 25-08-2004 09:46 AM

Having thought about it we don't remember seeing any blossom !!!!!!!!!

Nick Maclaren 25-08-2004 09:56 AM

In article ,
ospam (Geoffreykensharp) writes:

| Having thought about it we don't remember seeing any blossom !!!!!!!!!

There will have been some :-)

Don't worry about it, then. If the tree and leaves match, your
description is pretty solid. And I can't think of what else it
could be if they don't!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Geoffreykensharp 25-08-2004 10:18 AM

Thanks again Nick. Your advice much appreciated.
Regards
Geoff

Franz Heymann 25-08-2004 09:44 PM

"Geoffreykensharp" wrote in message
Having thought about it we don't remember seeing any blossom

!!!!!!!!!

Parthogenesis?
Immaculate conception?

Franz