GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Delphiniums - help! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/82454-delphiniums-help.html)

GillD 26-08-2004 03:14 PM

Delphiniums - help!

Hi, new to the site but wonder if anyone can help me. I live in Newcatsle where we have had lots of raing recently - unfortunately it's been straight after I have planted out my new delphiniums. They are looking almost dead and I don't know what to do with them. Do I give up the ghost or is there anything I can do to salvage them?

I've always wanted delphiniums and my mum-in-law bought them for me at a recent local garden show and I really want them to survive if at all possible. They were flowering when they were planted - about 3-4 feet high but the few leaves on them are brown and pretty dead-looking.

Any one got any advice?

Thanks very much.