Old 26-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Mike

Default Runner Beans - No Beans !

Hello,

Planted several runner beans in two tubs and placed one tub at bottom of
garden in the position I've used successfully in previous years and the
other tub close to the house. Both places get sun at different times of the
day.

Both plants have grown to about 6ft with wide green leaves. White flowers
started appearing on one about two weeks ago but NO beans are appearing in
either pot !

I know I was a bit late in my original planting . Do you think the beans
will eventually appear ?

Thanks.

Mike.

Old 26-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Leslie

Yes you still have time to harvest a few

.............................Leslie

Old 27-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Jeannie

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello,

Planted several runner beans in two tubs and placed one tub at bottom

of
garden in the position I've used successfully in previous years and the
other tub close to the house. Both places get sun at different times of

the
day.

Both plants have grown to about 6ft with wide green leaves. White

flowers
started appearing on one about two weeks ago but NO beans are appearing

in
either pot !

I know I was a bit late in my original planting . Do you think the beans
will eventually appear ?

Thanks.

Mike.

My beans have also been slow this year. Just starting to get small beans
now so there is still time for yours to flourish :-)

Jeannie

---

Old 27-08-2004, 09:52 AM
JKS

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello,

Planted several runner beans in two tubs and placed one tub at bottom of
garden in the position I've used successfully in previous years and the
other tub close to the house. Both places get sun at different times of

the
day.

Both plants have grown to about 6ft with wide green leaves. White flowers
started appearing on one about two weeks ago but NO beans are appearing in
either pot !

I know I was a bit late in my original planting . Do you think the beans
will eventually appear ?

Thanks.

Mike.

I planted about 15 in the ground this year - just like I have for years.
Only had 2 meals so far.

John

---

Old 27-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Kate Morgan

I know I was a bit late in my original planting . Do you think the beans
will eventually appear ?

Mine struggled at first but now we are picking plenty every other day.
kate

Old 31-08-2004, 10:33 PM
BulbsInc

Hello,

Planted several runner beans in two tubs and placed one tub at bottom of
garden in the position I've used successfully in previous years and the
other tub close to the house. Both places get sun at different times of the
day.

Both plants have grown to about 6ft with wide green leaves. White flowers
started appearing on one about two weeks ago but NO beans are appearing in
either pot !

I know I was a bit late in my original planting . Do you think the beans
will eventually appear ?

Thanks.

Mike.

I've grown Scarlet Runner Beans here in the states. Very pretty with large
tasty beans.

Mark Zimmerman
Old 01-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Janet Galpin

The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

I know I was a bit late in my original planting . Do you think the beans
will eventually appear ?

Mine struggled at first but now we are picking plenty every other day.
kate

I've found that 'Red Rum', which is supposed to partly self-pollinate,
is quicker to get going than most. I planted 'Red Rum', 'Painted Lady'
and 'Lady Di'. They're all cropping well now, but 'Red Rum' was about
two weeks ahead of the others, even though leaf growth was about the
same.

Janet G
Old 02-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Stuart

My in-laws in Sussex have had real trouble with their runner beans this
year. Could it be because they always grow them on the same spot in the
garden?

Regards,

Stuart

Old 02-09-2004, 03:10 PM
David Hill

For the first time in many years I have grown Climbing French beans, and
have had a great crop. They are self fertile so no pollination problems. I
am saving seed for next year as over 50% of the crop has pods of around 10
inches in length.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 02-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:10:59 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

For the first time in many years I have grown Climbing French beans, and
have had a great crop. They are self fertile so no pollination problems. I
am saving seed for next year as over 50% of the crop has pods of around 10
inches in length.

Hi David
What variety are they? My cl Fr beans were not much good this year.
I have left them all on the plants to harvest for drying. Several
varieties, nothing special.

Pam in Bristol

Old 02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
JKS

"Stuart" wrote in message
.uk...
My in-laws in Sussex have had real trouble with their runner beans this
year. Could it be because they always grow them on the same spot in the
garden?

Regards,

Stuart

I use a different spot each year. Mine have grown very well with dark
green leaves and had lots of flowers - most of which have fallen off.

John

---

Runner beans, wot beans ?? AriesVal[_11_] United Kingdom 17 18-07-2011 11:38 AM
Is a runner bean a runner bean lloyd United Kingdom 9 28-09-2009 10:12 PM
Runner Beans mark United Kingdom 27 01-05-2009 10:37 PM
Runner Beans, lots of flowers but no beans X United Kingdom 6 19-06-2003 09:32 AM
Runner beans - freezing? Nick Maclaren United Kingdom 10 03-12-2002 02:13 PM