Old 28-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Leslie

Default Gardener

Hello you lot,
following an bad back problem I am unable to carry out certain jobs. First
is the lawn mowing, question, how much should I expect to pay for a gardener
per hour for this work I would expect him to supply his own mower and
petrol. I would envisage a 3 hour visit each time.

Secondly , question, how much should I pay per hour for the heavy jobs, not
digging as I can still manage this, its the bending and lifting that stops
me from managing.
Again I would expect about 3 hour visit.

I live in the heart of Europe " Cornwall "

...............................Leslie

Old 28-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Mike

How much do you expect to pay?

How much are you 'prepared' to pay?

Start at £6.00 per hour AT LEAST

Old 28-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Jim S

"Leslie" wrote in message
. ..
Hello you lot,
following an bad back problem I am unable to carry out certain jobs. First
is the lawn mowing, question, how much should I expect to pay for a

gardener
per hour for this work I would expect him to supply his own mower and
petrol. I would envisage a 3 hour visit each time.

Secondly , question, how much should I pay per hour for the heavy jobs,

not
digging as I can still manage this, its the bending and lifting that stops
me from managing.
Again I would expect about 3 hour visit.

I live in the heart of Europe " Cornwall "

..............................Leslie

*******************

A contractor may be able to mow the lawn alot quicker than 3 hours, but if
you think it would take them 3hours with a walk behind mower plus strimmer
etc flat out, it would be about £40-60.

As regards the manual work. Probably about £12- 15 per hour, depending if
its a one off or regular etc etc..

Hope this helps!

Old 28-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Sue

"Leslie" wrote in message
. ..
Hello you lot,
following an bad back problem I am unable to carry out certain jobs. First
is the lawn mowing, question, how much should I expect to pay for a

gardener
per hour for this work I would expect him to supply his own mower and
petrol. I would envisage a 3 hour visit each time.

Secondly , question, how much should I pay per hour for the heavy jobs,

not
digging as I can still manage this, its the bending and lifting that stops
me from managing.
Again I would expect about 3 hour visit.

I live in the heart of Europe " Cornwall "

..............................Leslie

My husband charges £6 per hour and that is the absolute minimumumimum.

Sue

---

Old 28-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message
How much do you expect to pay?

How much are you 'prepared' to pay?

Start at £6.00 per hour AT LEAST

I suspect you would have to multiply that by about 2.

Franz

Old 29-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:45:29 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
How much do you expect to pay?

How much are you 'prepared' to pay?

Start at £6.00 per hour AT LEAST

I suspect you would have to multiply that by about 2.

You strike a hard bargain Franz. When do you start?

You are making it sound as if I was done when I paid a so-called
"gardener" £10 per hour a while back to help me clear a very weedy
patch of ground.

Franz
--
Martin

Old 29-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Mike

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
How much do you expect to pay?

How much are you 'prepared' to pay?

Start at £6.00 per hour AT LEAST

I suspect you would have to multiply that by about 2.

Franz

The kind of work listed is not skilled, even I could do it and my knowledge
of gardening is next to nil, so I was going on an active pensioner, possibly
a retired gardener who 'did' know what he was doing, just for the 'Beer
Money'.

Being situated on the Isle of Wight with a lot of retired people, I know
this does happen

Mike

--
British Pacific Fleet Reunion Birmingham September 17th - 20th
H.M.S.Collingwood Assoc. Mini Reunion Weekend at Coventry Sept 24th - 27th

Old 29-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 05:58:59 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
How much do you expect to pay?

How much are you 'prepared' to pay?

Start at £6.00 per hour AT LEAST

I suspect you would have to multiply that by about 2.

You strike a hard bargain Franz. When do you start?

You are making it sound as if I was done when I paid a so-called
"gardener" £10 per hour a while back to help me clear a very weedy
patch of ground.

I thought you were the gardener :-)

I confine my activities to the more technical stuff and doing the
grunting while others do the heaving.
{:-))

Franz

Old 29-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Mike

I confine my activities to the more technical stuff and doing the
grunting while others do the heaving.
{:-))

In which Maternity Hospital is that?

Old 30-08-2004, 06:45 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:06:48 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 05:58:59 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
How much do you expect to pay?

How much are you 'prepared' to pay?

Start at £6.00 per hour AT LEAST

I suspect you would have to multiply that by about 2.

You strike a hard bargain Franz. When do you start?

You are making it sound as if I was done when I paid a so-called
"gardener" £10 per hour a while back to help me clear a very

weedy
patch of ground.

I thought you were the gardener :-)

I confine my activities to the more technical stuff and doing the
grunting while others do the heaving.

So your wife is the gardener and you are the manager :-)

Actually, we constitute two managers and two gardeners.

Franz

Old 30-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

I confine my activities to the more technical stuff and doing the
grunting while others do the heaving.

Could you give some details of the technical part please?
Not the grunting or heaving though, I know about those!
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 30-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Franz Heymann

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

I confine my activities to the more technical stuff and doing the
grunting while others do the heaving.

Could you give some details of the technical part please?
Not the grunting or heaving though, I know about those!

Propagating new plants
Pruning
Building such small structures as might be useful
Terracing + the accompanying walling
Experimenting

But on a more serious note, was the humour in my reply so poor that
you missed it?

Franz

--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Old 30-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Mike

But on a more serious note, was the humour in my reply so poor that
you missed it?

There are those in this newsgroup with NO humour, so if it were to smack
them in the face they wouldn't recognise it :-((

Old 31-08-2004, 06:54 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
Could you give some details of the technical part please?
Not the grunting or heaving though, I know about those!

Propagating new plants
Pruning
Building such small structures as might be useful
Terracing + the accompanying walling
Experimenting

But on a more serious note, was the humour in my reply so poor that
you missed it?

Could be, but I assumed that you meant what you said.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.