GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Moving Soft Fruit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/82546-moving-soft-fruit.html)

vsop 28-08-2004 08:08 PM

Moving Soft Fruit

I want to move and replant some Gooseberry bushes. When is the best time of
year to do this ?

A neighbour is of the opinion that they should not be moved whilst they are
in full leaf ?......but then he's wrong about most things !.....so I
thought I'd check.

Does it matter ?
Would appreciate any advice.
Thank you.

---

Franz Heymann 28-08-2004 10:42 PM

"vsop" wrote in message
I want to move and replant some Gooseberry bushes. When is the best

time of
year to do this ?

A neighbour is of the opinion that they should not be moved whilst

they are
in full leaf ?......but then he's wrong about most things !.....so

thought I'd check.

It is usually better to move plants in the dormant season, i.e. lare
autumn to early spring

Franz

Robert 30-08-2004 05:39 PM

Franz Heymann wrote:
: "vsop" wrote in message
: ...
:: I want to move and replant some Gooseberry bushes. When is the best
:: time of year to do this ?
::
:
: It is usually better to move plants in the dormant season, i.e. lare
: autumn to early spring
:
: Franz

Yes Franz is right, never when in full leaf unless you have no choice but to
try