Old 31-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Kate Morgan

My eyes have been opened. Tomorrow we hope to be in Keswick (now

that
the weekend is over), where there is an Oxfam shop. I already have

Was it nice in Keswick Franz? I havnt been there since school trip
days :-)

kate
Old 01-09-2004, 07:14 AM
Franz Heymann

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..

My eyes have been opened. Tomorrow we hope to be in Keswick

(now
that
the weekend is over), where there is an Oxfam shop. I already

have

Was it nice in Keswick Franz? I havnt been there since school trip
days :-)

This time of the year it is a bit crowded with visitors, but it is
still a worthwhile place of the world to go to, particularly the pub
we favour at the top end of Derwen****er. We go thereabouts nearly
once a week now.

Franz

Old 01-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Kay

In article , Janet Baraclough.
.. writes

Little girls in Lancashire used to do the same in the fifties. The
indoor-slippers were transported in something called a dorothy-bag with
strings which you could loop on your coat buttons.

At school, we kept our school "indoors" on the premises in a bag hung
from the coat peg. Even in dry summer weather, every playtime involved a
scrum of children laboriously changing their identical "indoors" to
"outdoors" and back again. Most of us probably have deformed feet from
spending large parts of our childhood in two left shoes of different
sizes.

Primary schools still ask for children to wear different shoes indoors -
except now the indoor shoes are plimsolls.
--
Kay