GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Autumn colours (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/82596-re-autumn-colours.html)

Rod 29-08-2004 09:21 PM

Autumn colours

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message

I've seen it all now. For sale in local GC; potted heathers,
spray-painted navy blue. The owner assured me this is the very latest
Tell me it's not true, urglers :-(

Sorry Janet, they're everywhere. I thought the ones I saw were fed dye
rather than painted - I was given some to rescue, they became normal C.
vulgaris (but a rather poor form) after a few months. Been on the hills
amongst the real thing this afternoon, makes me wonder why we try to grow
these things in our gardens.

Rod

Franz Heymann 29-08-2004 09:56 PM

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

I've seen it all now. For sale in local GC; potted heathers,
spray-painted navy blue. The owner assured me this is the very

latest
autumn trend, selling like hot cakes on the mainland, and he

anticipates
such a huge demand he's ordered the pink version too.

Tell me it's not true, urglers :-(

Hell's delight {:-((

Franz

Sacha 29-08-2004 11:13 PM

On 29/8/04 22:16, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:56:07 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

I've seen it all now. For sale in local GC; potted heathers,
spray-painted navy blue. The owner assured me this is the very

latest
autumn trend, selling like hot cakes on the mainland, and he

anticipates
such a huge demand he's ordered the pink version too.

Tell me it's not true, urglers :-(

Hell's delight {:-((

It reminds me of Mrs Slocombe's hair.

Hmmmm.... Well, as long as it's not something else she was rather attached
to!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk