Old 02-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Sacha

On 2/9/04 7:58 am, in article , "Mike"
wrote:

What a pity.
.
What a pity, that in your latest tirade, you very conveniently chose to drop
the main part of the paragraph on the staff I had.
.
.
.
.

What a pity you missed out on that I couldn't do the work without them and
that I thanked them when they went home at night..
.
.
.
.
.
What a pity that you didn't pick up on the fact that even before I started
on my own and worked in industry, I thanked the staff I had in my
department.
.
.
.
.
.
What a pity
.
.
.
.
.

Never mind, whilst you are always very keen to critisize me no matter what I
do, the main poster in that article, did come back and thank me and
announced she was going to print off the advice I gave.

I'm sure your needy little ego is throbbing with gratitude.
.
.
Keep your eyes peeled Sacha, no doubt there will be something else to have a
go at me about. How about this posting?

What - MORE about YOU and how WONDERFUL you are and how you know EVERYTHING
about running a business etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.? And how if you want to
advertise your wares off topic and encourage others to wreck this group,
you'll do it? No thanks. You've hit my level-of-boredom nerve already this
week.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Kay

In article , David Hill david@abacus
nurseries.freeserve.co.uk writes
Kay wrote ".........If you want a world-wide gardening ng, rec.gardens is
available....."

rec.gardens is world wide if you consider North America to be the world.
Those posting from outside this area frequently get sarcastic comments and
being told that rec.gardens is for America only.

And that is what is likely to happen if we change the charter of urg to
make it world wide - UK gardening will be swamped by the numerically
largest group of internet posters.

I for one like to think that in this group we are more tolerant, and
prepared to share our knowledge with anyone who wants it.

If by that you mean 'our knowledge of gardening that is relevant to UK
conditions' I agree wholeheartedly, and I think it is evident that we
are very willing to share our knowledge.

There has never been an issue about people posting from outside the UK.
They are very welcome.

By the way some varieties of Banana are capable of being grown outdoors in
parts of the UK.

Yes, I know that, and it is irrelevant to the point I am making, which
is that growing methods on, say, the Windward Is are supremely
misleading to gardeners in the UK unless the post has been tailored to
UK conditions by giving enough information for the UK gardener to see
where his conditions are different.

--
Kay

Old 02-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Sacha

On 1/9/04 11:26 pm, in article , "Hanne
Bech-Jensen" wrote:

snip

Hi all,

What's wrong with gardening outside the UK? Just curious... s

Hanne in Denmark.

Nothing at all but this is a uk specific group. We have welcome
contributors from abroad but most have climates similar to parts of the UK.
Our climate is so variable within a small area, length of sun hours/rain
hours/hot/cold temps. etc. so different to other places that it isn't much
use giving us advice from many foreign countries or us giving it to others
from many foreign countries. It just won't be any use. Even within UK you
will often see that contributors here are asked where they live, because the
climate and conditions in e.g. Parts of Yorkshire will be very different to
those in parts of Devonshire.

--

Sacha

Old 02-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Rani

Użytkownik "Kay" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

| But lets please remember that this ng is about gardening in the
| UK, so that if you are talking about growing bananas outdoors, you
| remember to explain where you are and what *your* climate is like, so
| some inexperienced beginner doesn't assume that his banana will be OK
| outdoors in the UK.
|
| If you want a world-wide gardening ng, rec.gardens is available.

I've been reading both ngs for some time and yours is far more interesting,
and people seem to be more helpful and considerate as well.

R.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
It would for example be futile for someone in India to tell us how to
cultivate rice in Scotland

That is true but it is an extreme and unlikely example. Many plants as
exotic as rice are grown in UK and advice on their native culture can be
very helpful for gardeners here wishing to try them. UK has an averagely
temperate weather pattern with wide local variations. Many other parts
of the world have sufficiently similar weather patterns for
horticultural advice from this group to be welcome outside UK. In either
case, UK gardening is being discussed. What's wrong with that in urg?
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message

[snip]

Let's face it.you are not much of a poet either.

Franz

Old 02-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Mike

Let's face it.you are not much of a poet either.

Franz

You are cordially invited to post ANY contribution I have ever made, to any
newsgroups, where I have proclaimed to be a poet. Very little poetry appeals
to me, I would rather have good music thank you.

I look forward to your response. Start searching. Hope you have plenty of
time.

Mike

Old 03-09-2004, 05:14 PM
newsb

In article , Mike
writes
BUT, as you have seen on this newsgroup, there are
the 'old hands' who 'own' the newsgroup and act as net nannies. They are far
more fortunate than the likes of you and me, in that they were born with the
information and didn't have to learn it

Well I've only been looking in for a few months and I see some regular
posters posting useful information and responding to questions from new
and old alike. In addition to that, I see a few comments on posting
etiquette - the "rules" (written and unwritten) for all - that keep such
a group readable and enjoyable. Believe me, where they aren't adhered
to, groups quickly become very difficult to read and next to useless as
far as information goes.

I've also seen you making this comment a number of times. Sufficiently
often for someone to jump to the conclusion that you either you are
being picked on or that you might have a a finely chopped piece of
solanum-tuberosum on your shoulder. (Not sure which variety).

--
regards andyw

Gardeing Made Easy dani Edible Gardening 1 14-05-2008 06:08 PM
Gardeing Made Easy dani Texas 0 14-05-2008 05:22 PM
Gardeing Made Easy dani Australia 0 14-05-2008 05:21 PM
Gardeing Made Easy dani Gardening 0 14-05-2008 05:21 PM
Gardening Tips To Make Gardeing Enjoyable dani Gardening 0 09-05-2008 12:02 PM