Old 01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
jakell

Default gardeing?What is it?

HI, I am sorry that a stupid mistake, by myself has caused such disharmony
within this ng. I hope people have vented all their animosity towards each
other and can now get on with posts to do with gardening, which I am sure
many novices like myself find interesting and helpful. I hope one day when
I need particular advice I can call on the ng(without pics.) and find a
friendly and helpful bunch of gardeners ready to reply, until then Happy
Gardening to you all. Jakell

Old 01-09-2004, 05:09 PM
D Russell

"jakell" wrote in message
.uk...
HI, I am sorry that a stupid mistake, by myself has caused such disharmony
within this ng. I hope people have vented all their animosity towards

each
other and can now get on with posts to do with gardening, which I am sure
many novices like myself find interesting and helpful. I hope one day

when
I need particular advice I can call on the ng(without pics.) and find a
friendly and helpful bunch of gardeners ready to reply, until then Happy
Gardening to you all. Jakell

Don't worry too much Jakell, everyone makes the occasional mistake and I'm
sure more people would like to vent their spleens on the idiots who are
continually posting rubbish to half the newsgroups out there. As for
disharmony within this newsgroup, that is inevitable, just don't mention,
cats, foxes, gardening outside the UK, or any one of numerous other topics
which spin off really quite daft troll wars.

Duncan

Old 01-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

"D Russell" wrote in message
As for
disharmony within this newsgroup, that is inevitable, just don't mention

... the War.

;-)

Rachael

Old 01-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Mike

HI, I am sorry that a stupid mistake, by myself has caused such disharmony
within this ng.

Anyone who hasn't made a mistake, hasn't done anything.

I hope people have vented all their animosity towards each
other and can now get on with posts to do with gardening, which I am sure
many novices like myself find interesting and helpful.

The wealth of information in this newsgroup, as far greater, and in general
terms and under 'normal' circumstances, is far greater than can be read from
the magazines on the newsracks.

I hope one day when
I need particular advice I can call on the ng(without pics.) and find a
friendly and helpful bunch of gardeners ready to reply, until then Happy
Gardening to you all.

You most certainly will!! I am not a 'plant' gardener, although I am
learning a lot from what is posted here and information relayed to my wife
who is an avid gardener. BUT, as you have seen on this newsgroup, there are
the 'old hands' who 'own' the newsgroup and act as net nannies. They are far
more fortunate than the likes of you and me, in that they were born with the
information and didn't have to learn it:-((

Mike

Jakell

Old 01-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Philip

"jakell" wrote in message o.uk...
HI, I am sorry that a stupid mistake, by myself has caused such disharmony
within this ng. I hope people have vented all their animosity towards each
other and can now get on with posts to do with gardening, which I am sure
many novices like myself find interesting and helpful. I hope one day when
I need particular advice I can call on the ng(without pics.) and find a
friendly and helpful bunch of gardeners ready to reply, until then Happy
Gardening to you all. Jakell

Jakell

Its a two way street, so please feel free to pop in and give advice,
chew the fat ... whatever. I have found thats its a case of the more
you put in the more yoou get out.

Phil

Old 01-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Sacha

On 1/9/04 5:28 pm, in article , "Mike"
wrote:

snip BUT, as you have seen on this newsgroup, there are
the 'old hands' who 'own' the newsgroup and act as net nannies. They are far
more fortunate than the likes of you and me, in that they were born with the
information and didn't have to learn it:-((

What is unfortunate, Mike is that you forget to mention here that those you
decry as 'net nannies' are those of us who object strongly to your bullying
of others - some of whom have now left the group for good and who *were*
gardeners - your attempts (with those of others) continuously to disrupt
this group, leading again to the loss of some members, your allying yourself
with all manner of trolls if they will assist you in the former endeavour,
and your overall rudeness to those who object to your vileness. And I
haven't even mentioned your boastfulness about your past business
endeavours. "I had a factory with 23 people" - so useful to someone
starting out as a gardener on his own.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Hanne Bech-Jensen

. As for

disharmony within this newsgroup, that is inevitable, just don't mention,
cats, foxes, gardening outside the UK, or any one of numerous other topics
which spin off really quite daft troll wars.

Hi all,

What's wrong with gardening outside the UK? Just curious... s

Hanne in Denmark.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Franz Heymann

"Hanne Bech-Jensen" wrote in message

. As for

disharmony within this newsgroup, that is inevitable, just don't

mention,
cats, foxes, gardening outside the UK, or any one of numerous

other topics
which spin off really quite daft troll wars.

Hi all,

What's wrong with gardening outside the UK? Just curious... s

Not wrong, just different.
Climate, weather, availability of equipment, furniture, tools,
chemicals and plants, allottment regulations..............
It would for example be futile for someone in India to tell us how to
cultivate rice in Scotland

Franz

Old 02-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Mike

What a pity.
..
..
..
What a pity, that in your latest tirade, you very conveniently chose to drop
the main part of the paragraph on the staff I had.
..
..
..
..

What a pity you missed out on that I couldn't do the work without them and
that I thanked them when they went home at night..
..
..
..
..
..
What a pity that you didn't pick up on the fact that even before I started
on my own and worked in industry, I thanked the staff I had in my
department.
..
..
..
..
..
What a pity
..
..
..
..
..

Never mind, whilst you are always very keen to critisize me no matter what I
do, the main poster in that article, did come back and thank me and
announced she was going to print off the advice I gave.
..
..
..
..
..
Keep your eyes peeled Sacha, no doubt there will be something else to have a
go at me about. How about this posting?
..
..
Your comments below please.
..
..
..
..

Mike
*Thoughts* "I wonder why she doesn't killfile me?"

Old 02-09-2004, 11:02 AM
David Hill

Franz wrote "....Not wrong, just different.
Climate, weather, availability of equipment, furniture, tools,
chemicals and plants, allottment regulations..............
It would for example be futile for someone in India to tell us how to
cultivate rice in Scotland ....."

Now if it had been rice in Ireland.....after all they have had "Paddy
fields" for generations.

What people here seem to forget is that several of our members gave
gardened/are gardening in other countries, and many parts of the world have
a climate similar to our own.

SORRY.. We don't have a climate, just weather.
Lets keep having questions from all over , help to expand our knowledge
base. After all we may not grow acres of Pineapples or bananas but many of
us have a plant or two of them.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 02-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Mike

Not if he knows how to cultivate rice in Scotland.
--
Martin

Would they be planted in Jock Fields as opposed to Paddy Fields if they were
grown in Ireland?

Old 02-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Kay

In article , David Hill david@abacusn
urseries.freeserve.co.uk writes

SORRY.. We don't have a climate, just weather.
Lets keep having questions from all over , help to expand our knowledge
base. After all we may not grow acres of Pineapples or bananas but many of
us have a plant or two of them.

Agreed. But lets please remember that this ng is about gardening in the
UK, so that if you are talking about growing bananas outdoors, you
remember to explain where you are and what *your* climate is like, so
some inexperienced beginner doesn't assume that his banana will be OK
outdoors in the UK.

If you want a world-wide gardening ng, rec.gardens is available.
--
Kay

Old 02-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Cerumen

"David Hill" wrote in message
Franz wrote "....Not wrong, just different.
Climate, weather, availability of equipment, furniture, tools,
chemicals and plants, allottment regulations..............
It would for example be futile for someone in India to tell us how to
cultivate rice in Scotland ....."

Now if it had been rice in Ireland.....after all they have had "Paddy
fields" for generations.

And given the rain last month at times rice might have been a viable crop
for me.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 02-09-2004, 03:59 PM
David Hill

Kay wrote ".........If you want a world-wide gardening ng, rec.gardens is
available....."

rec.gardens is world wide if you consider North America to be the world.
Those posting from outside this area frequently get sarcastic comments and
being told that rec.gardens is for America only.
I for one like to think that in this group we are more tolerant, and
prepared to share our knowledge with anyone who wants it.
By the way some varieties of Banana are capable of being grown outdoors in
parts of the UK.
I just wish that people posting questions would give an idea of their
location, be it in the UK or beyond.
Finally, I was doing a sale a couple of weeks ago and a young couple were
looking at some of my plants.
She turned to him and said "Shall we get some plants for the garden?"
"Don't you remember" he said "Mam bought us 4 last year".

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 02-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Mike

Baraclough, where have you been????????????

Gardeing Made Easy dani Edible Gardening 1 14-05-2008 07:08 PM
Gardeing Made Easy dani Texas 0 14-05-2008 06:22 PM
Gardeing Made Easy dani Australia 0 14-05-2008 06:21 PM
Gardeing Made Easy dani Gardening 0 14-05-2008 06:21 PM
Gardening Tips To Make Gardeing Enjoyable dani Gardening 0 09-05-2008 01:02 PM