GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I need a book:-) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/83050-i-need-book.html)

Basia Kulesz 05-09-2004 08:15 AM

I need a book:-)

Could you please recommend a book treating about spotted, marginated and
other variegated plants? I have seen Houtman's "Variegated Trees and Shrubs"
and it seemed interesting, but perhaps there are other (better) books? And
something about gardening under very dry conditions, please, I have likewise
found Beth Chatto's book on dry gravel garden, any others worth buying and
reading?

Regards, B.

Alan Gould 05-09-2004 01:58 PM

In article , Basia Kulesz
writes
Could you please recommend a book treating about spotted, marginated and
other variegated plants? I have seen Houtman's "Variegated Trees and Shrubs"
and it seemed interesting, but perhaps there are other (better) books? And
something about gardening under very dry conditions, please, I have likewise
found Beth Chatto's book on dry gravel garden, any others worth buying and
reading?

One book well worth looking at is :
An Illustrated guide to Flowering Trees and Shrubs
Edited by Cyril C.Harris Pub. Little,Brown & Co. 1999
ISBN 0-316-84761--5 148pps. Softback
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Chris Hogg 06-09-2004 06:19 PM

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 09:15:16 +0200, "Basia Kulesz"
wrote:

Could you please recommend a book treating about spotted, marginated and
other variegated plants? I have seen Houtman's "Variegated Trees and Shrubs"
and it seemed interesting, but perhaps there are other (better) books? And
something about gardening under very dry conditions, please, I have likewise
found Beth Chatto's book on dry gravel garden, any others worth buying and
reading?

Regards, B.

As well as Beth Chatto's book, you might try 'Gardening on Sand', by
Christine Kelway, Collingridge, 1965. Long out of print, but you could
look for a second-hand copy on The Advanced Book Exchange,
http://www.abebooks.com

--
Chris