Old 07-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Robert E A Harvey

It's OT for gardening, except in the sense of chatting over the fence,
so I have complained about the original posting.

J Smytje wrote

Paul McCartney urges PM to deliver hunt ban

While I feel that politicians ought, as a general principle, to keep
thier promises, I am disturbed that this canard is flying yet again.
Ever since he was elected the hunting issue has appeared whenever Mr
Blair wants to take the minds of parliament and the press off
something else - the lack of WMDs for example. I wonder what it is
this time?

My personal view is that hunting is OK, because I grew up in the
countryside and that has formed my opinion. But if the urban majority
want to stop it, sooner or later they will. Just like Bear Baiting,
the world has changed and no longer accepts it. Fine, we live in a
democracy.

I just worry about priorities. As a society we are talking of banning
foxhunting when boxing is still permitted. Peter Hain and some others
have talked of resigning if the bill is not passed. So they will
accept an immoral war, but not the hunting of vermin? Wierd.

Oh, and why we are at it, since when does writing some extremely good
songs give someone any more authority to speak on hunting than people
who actually know about it?
Old 09-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Cerumen

"Magwitch" wrote in message
GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY muttered:

**** off net nanny.

sigh

Why feed the "well known troll" then?
I didn't see anything from it until you reposted it.

--

Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 10-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Magwitch

Sacha muttered:

Why? It has nothing to do with a gardening group and all you've done is
re-post a long and irrelevant, un-snipped message AND cross posted it again
to groups who have nothing to do with gardening.

She's a well known troll.

Old 10-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Magwitch