Old 07-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Registered User

Location: Leeds yorkshire
Red face keeping cats off the garden

I have just dug my garden out about 20 sq yds and dont no what to fill it with its about 3" deep some say bark some coconut shells anyone any idears
Old 08-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Franz Heymann

"purpleteabag" wrote in
message news

I have just dug my garden out about 20 sq yds and dont no what to

fill
it with its about 3" deep some say bark some coconut shells anyone

any
idears

What do you mean by "dug out"? Did you actually remove the top 3" of
soil? What lies below the 3" depth of which you speak? If it is
solid rock you will be very restricted in what you can do with that
area.

Franz

Old 08-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Registered User

Location: scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleteabag
I have just dug my garden out about 20 sq yds and dont no what to fill it with its about 3" deep some say bark some coconut shells anyone any idears
i have heard the plant scaredy cat can help keep cats away, but i would imagine that would be just in the growing season. You can keep it in pots and move around the garden where it is required. another good one is lion dung but how you get that i dont know, maybe you have a zoo nearby.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Matthew Durkin

--
holly

There's a lion poo based product available at garden centres. I bought
some - about £8 for a big box. I had previously tried a spray only to have a
cat come back every day and do its business.
Since I put the lion stuff down the cat has been nowhere near, so I'd say it
was very effective!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Matthew Durkin

"Matthew Durkin" wrote in message
"holly" wrote in message

purpleteabag Wrote:
I have just dug my garden out about 20 sq yds and dont no what to fill
it with its about 3" deep some say bark some coconut shells anyone any
idears

i have heard the plant scaredy cat can help keep cats away, but i would
imagine that would be just in the growing season. You can keep it in
pots and move around the garden where it is required. another good one
is lion dung but how you get that i dont know, maybe you have a zoo
nearby.

--
holly

There's a lion poo based product available at garden centres. I bought
some - about £8 for a big box. I had previously tried a spray only to have
a cat come back every day and do its business.
Since I put the lion stuff down the cat has been nowhere near, so I'd say
it was very effective!!!

it's called Silent Roar!

Old 09-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Phil L

purpleteabag wrote:
:: I have just dug my garden out about 20 sq yds and dont no what to
:: fill it with its about 3" deep some say bark some coconut shells
:: anyone any idears
::
The header for this doesn't match the post......

-I've no idea what you can fill your garden with, but to keep cats away,
many people use 2 litre clear plastic bottles with the labels removed filled
with water (no air bubble)...how these work is unclear but apparently they
are quite effective even if unsightly..I've heard the cat's see their own
reflection in the water, and as they are territorial, make a hasty escape!