Old 09-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Tan Thuan Seah

Default Buds dropping before blooming

Hi all,

I am growing this Firecracker Chilli plant from seed and recently it
started to have buds. But for some reason, the bud didn't manage to bloom,
it just dropped off the plant. I am using 2 daylight compact flourescent as
its main light source. Could it be too much blue light and insufficient
light in the red and orange spectrum? Or what other reason could it be? Any
adivce will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thuan Seah

Old 09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Tan Thuan Seah

Just to add in some more info. I am having the 2 x 20 W flourescent on for
16 hours per day with 8 hours of "night" time for the plant.

Thuan Seah