GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   HELP With identification of this plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/83308-help-identification-plant.html)

Allotment gardener 10-09-2004 05:42 PM

HELP With identification of this plant

This plant arrived in my well established garden last year. Probably
delivered by a bird although it is situated near a seed bird feeder.
Last year there was one stem, this year three. In the spring/early
summer there are pink flowers, at this time of year (September) it has
these deep purple/black berries. Its about 1 metre tall and wide at
the moment. Dies down in the winter.

Here is a link to a picture.
http://www.inro.freeserve.co.uk/postcards/mystery.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Basia Kulesz 10-09-2004 06:44 PM

Użytkownik "Allotment gardener" napisał w wiadomości
om...
| This plant arrived in my well established garden last year. |

| http://www.inro.freeserve.co.uk/postcards/mystery.jpg

Phytolacca americana?

Regards, B.

Steve 10-09-2004 07:42 PM

"Basia Kulesz" wrote in message

Użytkownik "Allotment gardener" napisał w wiadomości
om...
| This plant arrived in my well established garden last year. |

| http://www.inro.freeserve.co.uk/postcards/mystery.jpg

Phytolacca americana?

Regards, B.

Phytolacca rigida.

Allotment gardener 11-09-2004 12:11 PM

"Steve" wrote in message ...
"Basia Kulesz" wrote in message

Użytkownik "Allotment gardener" napisał w wiadomości
om...
| This plant arrived in my well established garden last year. |

| http://www.inro.freeserve.co.uk/postcards/mystery.jpg

Phytolacca americana?

Regards, B.

Phytolacca rigida.

Many thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. I now have
something to followup on.
Kind regards and thanks again