GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   spathodea campanulata sowing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/83593-spathodea-campanulata-sowing.html)

Dan 14-09-2004 08:45 PM

spathodea campanulata sowing

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with information on sowing
instructions for spathodea campanulata? I've had minimal success in
the past, but I guess it could have been the seed lot. Thanks.

Dan

Philip 15-09-2004 02:22 PM

I've had minimal success in the past, but I guess it could
have been the seed lot. Thanks.

Dan

Sounds like par for the course.

The Floridata website says ...
"In cultivation, African tuliptrees often are grown from seed, but
seed production is erratic. New specimens can be started from tip
cuttings, root cuttings, or suckers. "

Are you really trying to grow a tree this big ?
http://www.floridata.com/ref/S/images/spath_ca1.jpg