Old 16-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Sacha

Default Majorca gardens

Ray and I are off to Majorca soon for two weeks. Having been there once
over 20 years ago and then sailed in only once about 14 years ago, I just
can't remember what we should be looking for in terms of gardens, though I'm
sure there must be plenty? Any hints from anyone - assuming we ever leave
the poolside. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Philip

Ray and I are off to Majorca soon for two weeks. Having been there once
over 20 years ago and then sailed in only once about 14 years ago, I just
can't remember what we should be looking for in terms of gardens,

Appologies for this Copy/Paste ..

If you are interested in the 'other' mallorca and in particular fine
country house and gardens pay a visit to some of the properties
mentioned below.

La Granja
Manor house and farm with gardens, tastings of Mallorcan foods, craft
demonstrations, folk dancing and more.
C/ Esporles-Puigpunyent Km 2, Esporles
Tel 971 61 00 32 Fax 971 61 93 05 Email:

Els Calderers near Sant Joan,
Huge 18th century manor house offers visitors a rare glimpse inside
one of the island's most representative fincas (country houses).
C/ Palma-Manacor, Km 37
Tel 971 526 069

Jardins de Alfabia
Beautiful, cool and relaxing Moorish gardens and house near to Soller.
C/ Palma-Soller, Km14
Tel 971 613 123

Raixa
On the Palma-Soller road just south of Bunyola.
Tel 971 790 379
18th century country house and Italianate gardens.
See
http://www.raixa.galeon.com for photos accompanied by Catalan
poetry.

Son Marroig- Deia
Beautiful 19th century manor owned by the Austrian Archduke Ludwig
Salvador & the location for the International Festival of Deia
dedicated to chamber music.
Old 16-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Mike

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Ray and I are off to Majorca soon for two weeks. Having been there once
over 20 years ago and then sailed in only once about 14 years ago, I just
can't remember what we should be looking for in terms of gardens, though

I'm
sure there must be plenty? Any hints from anyone - assuming we ever

leave
the poolside. ;-)
--
Sacha

Just got back from there this afternoon. I think you will leave the poolside
because it is getting over the unbearable heat stage now. We got there last
Thursday quite early, checked into our Cruise Ship then went for a walk
along the Marina. Sailed out in the evening and on returning this morning,
noticed the drop in temperature. Got to Gatwick and noticed the even bigger
drop.

As you require an update from 20 years ago, why not go into your local
Travel Agent and 'collect' a few brochures?

BTW, if there are any Marine Electrical Engineers on this newsgroup, I was
offered work whilst chatting to an ex Pat Marine Engineer who has been there
for 7 years and has no intention of returning to the UK. Applicant must be
familiar with all aspects of Marine Electrics from small yachts and cruisers
to multi million pound Gin Palaces. At nearly 70, a bit too old, but if
anyone fancies it, I can give details.

Mike