GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Putting Bubble Wrap In Greenhouse (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8371-re-putting-bubble-wrap-greenhouse.html)

ned 06-02-2003 07:58 PM

Putting Bubble Wrap In Greenhouse

Gary B wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the best method is to pin bubble wrap up
in my geenhouse please.

First, fix your PC clock. ;-)
With a wooden framed house, you can choose whatever suitable pin comes
to hand.
With an ally framed house, there are proprietory fixings available at
most garden centres.

--
ned

Alison 06-02-2003 10:31 PM

"Gary B" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what the best method is to pin bubble wrap up in my
geenhouse please.

Thankyou GaryB

In the bad old days when we had a wooden greenhouse, a staple gun was
excellent and quick.

Now with the aluminium frame, we use ali-plugs - quite quick but twisting
loads of them in as we have to makes your fingers ache :-( I think I'll get
a helper or two for next winter's insulating day.

--A

Druss 07-02-2003 08:04 AM

"Gary B" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what the best method is to pin bubble wrap up in my
geenhouse please.

Thankyou GaryB

I've got an Ali greenhouse and some of the clips you can buy are just
rubbish, they either don't slot in properly, or they appear to then simply
slip back out again, once the bubblewrap is all sealed up, so you can't get
to it.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for "good" clips to use so I can
get some in for next years attempt.

I have ended up this year, with what looks like a bamboo scaffolding kit
inside the greenhouse to hold up all the bits that kept falling away, still
it seems to be working.

Duncan

A.Malhotra 07-02-2003 11:29 AM

ned wrote:

Gary B wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the best method is to pin bubble wrap up
in my geenhouse please.

First, fix your PC clock. ;-)
With a wooden framed house, you can choose whatever suitable pin comes
to hand.
With an ally framed house, there are proprietory fixings available at
most garden centres.

Shouldn't that be alu?
Anita

david 07-02-2003 06:34 PM

Putting Bubble Wrap In Greenhouse

Duncan wrote.....""" I've got an Ali greenhouse and some of the clips you
can buy are just rubbish, they either don't slot in properly, or they appear
to then simply slip back out again, once the bubblewrap is all sealed up, so
you can't get to it.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for "good" clips to use so I can
get some in for next years attempt. """.

I have Alliplugs which have been in place for the last 4 years,
You should use with a Polly washer, push them into the channel through the
bubble film then give them a half turn to get the 2 lugs into place.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

ned 07-02-2003 07:33 PM

A.Malhotra wrote:
ned wrote:

Gary B wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the best method is to pin bubble wrap up
in my geenhouse please.

First, fix your PC clock. ;-)
With a wooden framed house, you can choose whatever suitable pin
comes to hand.
With an ally framed house, there are proprietory fixings available
at most garden centres.

Shouldn't that be alu?

'Depends how old you are. ;-)
When I were a lad, matey, ...... it were 'ally'.
Short for allyminiminum.
Or in old blacksmith terminology, ..... 'muckite'. ;-)

--
ned

Alan Gould 07-02-2003 07:55 PM

Putting Bubble Wrap In Greenhouse

In article , ned
writes

'Depends how old you are. ;-)
When I were a lad, matey, ...... it were 'ally'.
Short for allyminiminum.
Or in old blacksmith terminology, ..... 'muckite'. ;-)

Muckite was my Dad's term for Bakelite - 50/60 years ago.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

ned 07-02-2003 09:50 PM

Alan Gould wrote:
In article , ned
writes

'Depends how old you are. ;-)
When I were a lad, matey, ...... it were 'ally'.
Short for allyminiminum.
Or in old blacksmith terminology, ..... 'muckite'. ;-)

Muckite was my Dad's term for Bakelite - 50/60 years ago.

:-) 'Don't think blacksmiths used much Bakelite. :-)
But, yes, you're right. Maybe it was a generic term for 'them danged
modern' materials.
:-)

--
ned