Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default birds

"Judith wrote in message ...
I have a clematis over my front door and obviously it's not in leaf now.
However we have 2 nests there and usually the birds vacate the nests for
the winter. One nest is still fully occupied and dropping its

"droppings"
over my pansies in a pot. Why have the birds chosen not to go away this
year? If I take the nest away, would the birds be able to make another
elsewhere ? or would they suffer? if so they can lodge on a little longer.
--

Judith, you don't say which type of bird is roosting there, but it may be
Wrens as they are known to roost in quite large numbers in old nests. It

I actually think you're quite lucky, what's a few Pansies? :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.