Old 18-09-2004, 11:34 AM
John

Default Tomatoes and greenback?

A bumper crop of delightfully flavoured tomatoes in my greenhouse
this year but only the smaller ones are clear of greenback. I've
taken the usual precautions, but they don't appear to have worked.

The result is that I've - or more correctly my Senior Management -
has had of necessity, needed to trim off a disproportionate amount
of flesh from Shirley and Alicante.

I'd appreciate your recommendations for greenback resistant
tomatoes.

Thank you.

John.
Old 20-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Peter .

"John" wrote in message
A bumper crop of delightfully flavoured tomatoes in my greenhouse
this year but only the smaller ones are clear of greenback. I've
taken the usual precautions, but they don't appear to have worked.

The result is that I've - or more correctly my Senior Management -
has had of necessity, needed to trim off a disproportionate amount
of flesh from Shirley and Alicante.

I'd appreciate your recommendations for greenback resistant
tomatoes.

Thank you.

John.

I grow Shirley and Alicante without such problems. The cause of green back
is more likely due to watering or lack of it rather than the variety of
tomatoe.( Greenback heading on Google may sort out the problem)
Peter.