GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just wondering... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8394-just-wondering.html)

AST 06-02-2003 08:50 PM

Just wondering...

Hello everyone...

For anyone who remembers me, I left URG about 3 years ago...
not...deliberately, however.

But a hello all to those whom were here and...to those who weren't.
(BTW, I have changed my Usenet e-mail address since.)

However, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a site that lists veg
vars that are traditional,
reliable, Non Hybrid - preferably old varieties - but not necessarily
Heirloom.

--
AST
"I think that I will never see...

Sue & Bob Hobden 06-02-2003 11:37 PM

Just wondering...

"AST" wrote in message

However, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a site that lists veg
vars that are traditional,
reliable, Non Hybrid - preferably old varieties - but not necessarily
Heirloom.

Thompson and Morgan are doing some heritage seeds now and you could always
do a search for Thomas Etty Esq who have a whole list of what you want.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Alan Gould 07-02-2003 05:05 AM

Just wondering...

In article , AST
writes

However, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a site that lists veg
vars that are traditional,
reliable, Non Hybrid - preferably old varieties - but not necessarily
Heirloom.

Hullo AST, it's good to see you back in urg.
For some ideas about preferred veg. choices it would be worth you
looking at the veg & salad Index at:
http://www.fuchsiazone.co.uk/veg-index/vegindex.htm
That urg FAQ suggests a number of traditionally grown varieties for the
more popular range of garden vegetables.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.