Old 24-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Mcploppy ©

Franz Heymann typed:
snip

Well the flags ar more than 15 years old infact nearer 30 ;-)

The sizes .... 60M Square - 600x600 and 900x600 slabs approx

Wow!
60 M square makes 3600 square metres. Even if all your slabs were of
the larger size of
0.9 metres x 0.6 metres, you would appear to have to deal with around
7,000 slabs. I reckon you will need a gang of 10 if you want the job
to be finished in a reasonable time.
{:-))

Franz

Aha !!!! wee bit of a typing problem there.... we are talking "square
metres" :-S

--
McPloppy ©

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

Old 25-09-2004, 06:46 AM
Franz Heymann

"Mcploppy ©" wrote in message

Franz Heymann typed:
snip

Well the flags ar more than 15 years old infact nearer 30 ;-)

The sizes .... 60M Square - 600x600 and 900x600 slabs approx

Wow!
60 M square makes 3600 square metres. Even if all your slabs were

of
the larger size of
0.9 metres x 0.6 metres, you would appear to have to deal with

around
7,000 slabs. I reckon you will need a gang of 10 if you want the

job
to be finished in a reasonable time.
{:-))

Franz

Aha !!!! wee bit of a typing problem there.... we are talking

"square
metres" :-S

That's more like it. {:-))

Franz

Old 25-09-2004, 06:46 AM
Franz Heymann

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Phil L" wrote in message
.. .
PK wrote:

SNIP

I agree, but he will need a *lot* of sand and cement mixing to

do
it this
way, which adds expense and time to the job...it may work out

cheaper just
to get someone in to do it, although for such a project, my

prices
would
work out at approximately £20 per square metre...he may find

someone
cheaper
locally.

Current BCIS guideprice for removing and replacing level paving

with
50mm

500 mm?

Oops. I guess you meant thickness.

[snip]

Franz

Old 25-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Phil L

BAC wrote:
:: "Phil L" wrote in message
:: .. .
::: PK wrote:
:: SNIP
:::
::: I agree, but he will need a *lot* of sand and cement mixing to do
::: it this way, which adds expense and time to the job...it may work
::: out cheaper just to get someone in to do it, although for such a
::: project, my prices would work out at approximately £20 per square
::: metre...he may find someone cheaper locally.
:::
:::
::
:: Current BCIS guideprice for removing and replacing level paving
:: with 50mm precast concrete flags is just over £40/m2 excluding
:: VAT, including all necessary excavation, sub-base, etc.

These prices are way out...maybe if I was supplying the flags, then yes, but
these are already on site...60 square metres would take me no longer than
6 - 7 days working alone and I would need to buy a couple of tonnes of sand
and about £50 worth of cement...the ground is already excavated, prepared
and compacted.

Assuming
:: his 60 metres square means 60 m2, that's a tidy sum. Mind you, if
:: he means 60 metres by 60 metres, that's the best part of an acre,
:: and it would be damned expensive.

his 60m2 would equate to almost two and half grand by those prices, I could
do it for about half that and still make £150+ per day.

Old 25-09-2004, 10:28 PM
BAC

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Phil L" wrote in message
.. .
PK wrote:

SNIP

I agree, but he will need a *lot* of sand and cement mixing to do

it this
way, which adds expense and time to the job...it may work out

cheaper just
to get someone in to do it, although for such a project, my prices

would
work out at approximately £20 per square metre...he may find

someone
cheaper
locally.

Current BCIS guideprice for removing and replacing level paving with

50mm

500 mm?

Definitely 50 mm, thickness :-)

Old 25-09-2004, 10:38 PM
BAC

"Phil L" wrote in message
.. .
BAC wrote:
:: "Phil L" wrote in message
:: .. .
::: PK wrote:
:: SNIP
:::
[...]

The BCIS price estimate includes excavating and disposing of the old flags
and replacing with new.

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
ants in worm farm Mousie Australia 8 02-04-2003 10:20 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM