GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Best plant for low clipped hedge pls. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8407-best-plant-low-clipped-hedge-pls.html)

John Towill 07-02-2003 02:55 PM

Best plant for low clipped hedge pls.

I am thinking of replacing an internal fence with a low clipped hedge. I
would like it to look very neat (if I can hone my clipping skills :-(( )
and compact. When I write low I mean 1822 to 2 ', sorry young 'uns 45-60mm..
Any suggestions of what plant would be best please.
TIA
John T

--
To email remove the wet from towill.

sacha 07-02-2003 04:04 PM

Best plant for low clipped hedge pls.

in article , John Towill at
wrote on 7/2/03 2:55 pm:

I am thinking of replacing an internal fence with a low clipped hedge. I
would like it to look very neat (if I can hone my clipping skills :-(( )
and compact. When I write low I mean 1822 to 2 ', sorry young 'uns 45-60mm..
Any suggestions of what plant would be best please.
TIA

Box looks good kept clipped and formal. Nandina domestica makes a lovely
low-growing hedge but you probably wouldn't find it neat looking enough.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

PaulK 07-02-2003 04:55 PM

Best plant for low clipped hedge pls.

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
in article , John Towill at
wrote on 7/2/03 2:55 pm:

I am thinking of replacing an internal fence with a low clipped hedge.

would like it to look very neat (if I can hone my clipping skills

:-(( )
and compact. When I write low I mean 1822 to 2 ', sorry young 'uns

45-60mm..
Any suggestions of what plant would be best please.
TIA

Box looks good kept clipped and formal. Nandina domestica makes a lovely
low-growing hedge but you probably wouldn't find it neat looking enough.

B.sempervirens not the dwarf form whose name I can never spell but which is
FAR too slow.

pk

Rodger Whitlock 08-02-2003 02:29 PM

Best plant for low clipped hedge pls.

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:55:52 -0000, "John Towill"
wrote:

I am thinking of replacing an internal fence with a low clipped hedge. I
would like it to look very neat (if I can hone my clipping skills :-(( )
and compact. When I write low I mean 1822 to 2 ', sorry young 'uns 45-60mm..
Any suggestions of what plant would be best please.

Lonicera nitida or box.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada