Old 25-09-2004, 02:56 PM
JennyC

Default Product advice?

"Chris Engel" wrote in message
....I just tried to check your FAQ pages but either the page is off-line or the
hyperlink is broken.

Would I be permitted to post advisory information on a new lawn edge product on
these pages?

Chris

All URG pages are up and running...........
http://www.tmac.clara.net/urgring/index.htm

No advertising allowed on URG !! Please read de charter at above site.

Jenny

PS New post due to HTML in original mail

Old 25-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Phil L

JennyC wrote:
:: "Chris Engel" wrote in message
:: ...
:: ...I just tried to check your FAQ pages but either the page is
:: off-line or the hyperlink is broken.
::
:: Would I be permitted to post advisory information on a new lawn
:: edge product on these pages?
::
:: Chris
::
:: All URG pages are up and running...........
:: http://www.tmac.clara.net/urgring/index.htm
::
:: No advertising allowed on URG !! Please read de charter at above
:: site.
::
:: Jenny
::

C&P

Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:
Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant material
may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a catalogue.
This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more often than once
every three months. The subject line should begin "AD" or "ADVERT".

Taken from http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

He should have placed his link into a signature file and posted it that
way, with maybe a short description of what it does...as long as his
signature doesn't go over four lines, this is perfectly acceptable

Old 25-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Broadback

Phil L wrote:

JennyC wrote:

:: No advertising allowed on URG !! Please read de charter at above
:: site.

Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:
Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant material
may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a catalogue.
This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more often than once
every three months. The subject line should begin "AD" or "ADVERT".

Taken from http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

He should have placed his link into a signature file and posted it that
way, with maybe a short description of what it does...as long as his
signature doesn't go over four lines, this is perfectly acceptable

However while we are on the subject of lawn edging I have been searching
for a product that is smooth, can be bent to allow for curves but also
projects above the surface so as to keep my bark from being thrown onto
the drive by those hungry blackbirds. Any suggestions?

Old 26-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Chris Engel

Many thanks to group members for the clarification. The FAQ that I tried to
visit was an old one.
I'm keen not to upset anyone by appearing to be spamming or transgressing
rules or the spirit of the newsgroup. Point re HTML also noted.

In answer to your question:

Our product is flexible to fit even the tightest bends or radii.
It is strong, polypropylene that comes in 5m and 50m lengths.
On the down side, it lies level with the surface of the lawn.
As a consequence my blackbirds also scrape the bark onto lawns and driveways

www.smartedge.co.uk for further info.

Chris

Old 07-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Warwick

In article , scot-
says...
Many thanks to group members for the clarification. The FAQ that I tried to
visit was an old one.
I'm keen not to upset anyone by appearing to be spamming or transgressing
rules or the spirit of the newsgroup. Point re HTML also noted.

In answer to your question:

Our product is flexible to fit even the tightest bends or radii.
It is strong, polypropylene that comes in 5m and 50m lengths.
On the down side, it lies level with the surface of the lawn.
As a consequence my blackbirds also scrape the bark onto lawns and driveways

Well you managed to fail to spam, and for that I commend you. My
newsreader snipped the stuff I'd already read and assumed that you were
commenting on stuff *above* where you'd posted. Inline comments seem to
work more flexibly on usenet instead of chucking all your stuff at the
top. A little more time in usenet and this group will probably sort out
that final bit of etiquette.

Brief critique of your website. It works in Mozilla so you haven't
alienated those not using IE (many plus points there).

There's a picture of your product in place on the first page a brief
check tells me it is
http://www.smartedge-scotland.co.uk/pic1.jpg . I
noticed it took some time to display. I was viewing your page down an
8192Kb/s connection, broadband users will usually have 512Kb/s (16 times
smaller) and dial up viewers around 40Kb/s/ That picture will not turn
up on a dial up user's screen until some 4 mintues after they've
accessed the page (assuming they bother to wait). The current file size
is 556KB.. with a bit of work based on the size you wish it to show at,
I can't see why you couldn't reduce that to 25KB or so. You seem to have
managed that on the images page to a certain extent (and folk would be
more forgiving of larger sizes there.)

Warwick

Product advice? Chris Engel United Kingdom 1 25-09-2004 05:04 PM
Product advice Shelley Australia 1 03-11-2003 10:02 AM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 3 24-02-2003 11:10 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 2 24-02-2003 10:29 PM
AD: Versatile product for tightening fences, deer stand guide wires, grape vine trellis', etc - Jak C&C Fencing Supply Lawns 0 06-02-2003 01:35 AM