Old 27-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Registered User

Default Monkey Puzzle Tree going brown

My parents have a Female Chilli Pine Monkey Puzzle Tree. They have the top lopped off (2 ft) every couple of years. This grows back. However, last year someone lopped top off but this year, the tree is dying ! the branches are going brown and there is resin coming out of the trunk. When asked if the gardener put a chemical on the capped bit, the man was non-commital.

Any information would be gratefully received as to why this tree might be dying. It is well established having been there 20 years, and having thrived. There are no conditions around it which have altered. It is planted in the middle of the garden with lots of space around it. We are baffled.

Thanks.
Sarah