Old 07-02-2003, 11:31 PM
tim

Default Anyone know of a good online source to buy heathers from in the UK ???

I think you would be lucky to find so many at this price your best bet might
be to visit a few nurseries letting them know that you may be interested in
buying any left over stock after their spring sales. You could perhaps try
Far plants who deal in bulk supplies to garden centres.
Their number will be in the bussiness pages.

Another way but far more tedious is to beg your friends to let you take
rooted sections of theier established heathers. Sometimes their is quite a
lot of layered branches.

Incidentally has anyone noticed the arrival of dyed heathers, is this not
taking the idea of presentation and coulor serching a little too far.
"descds" wrote in message
I'm after quite a few to act as ground cover plants and i'm hoping it
might be cheaper to buy online bulk than at my local nursary ...

any help and links appreciated ...