Old 01-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Steve Harris

Default Lilium Regale Seeds

I have several pods of seeds from my Lilies! Id it worth sowing them? If
so, how?

Thanks!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/
Old 01-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Bob Hobden

"Steve Harris" wrote
I have several pods of seeds from my Lilies! Id it worth sowing them? If
so, how?

Yes it is worth sowing them BUT it takes a few years to get the plants up to
flowering size.
I've always just sowed in a pot of multipurpose compost and covered the
seeds with about a quarter of an inch of sifted compost. Keep moist and in a
warmish light place, about 50°F, and they should start growing quite
quickly. Either repot with more space or plant out into a nursery bed next
summer. Alternatively wait until next spring and plant then but you will
be another year behind.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 01-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Martin Sykes

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I have several pods of seeds from my Lilies! Id it worth sowing them? If
so, how?

Thanks!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Try looking near the top of the stem for small bulbs and plant these
instead. I did this last year and the resultant plants flowered this year.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

lilium regale Willi_9 Garden Photos 1 28-06-2014 08:39 PM
Lilium lancifolium yellow form Owdboggy Garden Photos 0 25-08-2010 03:08 PM
Lilium bulbiferum Willi Garden Photos 0 15-08-2010 06:52 AM
Lilium Regale - When to move? Steve Harris United Kingdom 3 03-07-2005 04:28 PM
Lilium pumila Franz Heymann United Kingdom 0 11-06-2004 09:46 AM