Old 08-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Franz Heymann

"anton" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

Propyl alcohol is particularly good for unset epoxy resins. It

is, I
think, sold by chemists as surgical spirit. I have not tried it

on
natural resins yet.

Surgical spirit is mainly ethanol, not propanol. The really good

safe stuff
for getting resins, (including, i should imagine, conifer resin),

off hands
is Loctite 7855 hand cleaner, but I don't know whether it's

available in
retail outlets.

We are both wrong. I have just had a look at the Penguin Dictionary
of Chemistry. According to that, sugical spirit it methyl alcohol,
further denatured by the addition of castor oil, diethyl phthalate and
methyl salicylate

Franz

Old 09-10-2004, 12:09 AM
anton

"anton" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

Propyl alcohol is particularly good for unset epoxy resins. It

is, I
think, sold by chemists as surgical spirit. I have not tried it

on
natural resins yet.

Surgical spirit is mainly ethanol, not propanol. The really good

safe stuff
for getting resins, (including, i should imagine, conifer resin),

off hands
is Loctite 7855 hand cleaner, but I don't know whether it's

available in
retail outlets.

We are both wrong. I have just had a look at the Penguin Dictionary
of Chemistry. According to that, sugical spirit it methyl alcohol,
further denatured by the addition of castor oil, diethyl phthalate and
methyl salicylate

I'd rather believe this:
http://www.dgpgroup.com/chemicalsmain.htm

--
Anton

JEWS KILLED JEWS, NAZIS KEPT THEIR HANDS CLEAN Venceremos Ponds 0 21-09-2007 12:38 PM
Bulk DI Resin Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:45 PM
Resin/fibre glass sinks Misty United Kingdom 0 09-06-2004 05:40 PM
Resin/fibre glass sinks Misty United Kingdom 0 09-06-2004 04:52 PM
Resin/fibre glass sinks Misty United Kingdom 0 09-06-2004 03:55 PM