Old 03-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default Late chrysants

Never grown them B4. Got a collection of lates in spring. Planted in the veg
plot. Stopped at some point in early summer. Moved to polytunnel three weeks
ago. Got 3-6 shoots per plant. Buds just showing on some, not on others. Any
chance of cut flowers from them?

Old 03-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Robert

Trevor Appleton wrote:
: Never grown them B4. Got a collection of lates in spring. Planted in
: the veg plot. Stopped at some point in early summer. Moved to
: polytunnel three weeks ago. Got 3-6 shoots per plant. Buds just
: showing on some, not on others. Any chance of cut flowers from them?

Yes they are supposed to flower about now.... mine are

Old 03-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Trevor Appleton

"Robert" wrote in message
Trevor Appleton wrote:
: Never grown them B4. Got a collection of lates in spring. Planted in
: the veg plot. Stopped at some point in early summer. Moved to
: polytunnel three weeks ago. Got 3-6 shoots per plant. Buds just
: showing on some, not on others. Any chance of cut flowers from them?

Yes they are supposed to flower about now.... mine are

Yes, but what I'm saying is that most of them haven't even got buds yet, so
will THEY flower.

Old 03-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Robert

Trevor Appleton wrote:
: "Robert" wrote in message
: ...
:: Trevor Appleton wrote:
::: Never grown them B4. Got a collection of lates in spring. Planted in
::: the veg plot. Stopped at some point in early summer. Moved to
::: polytunnel three weeks ago. Got 3-6 shoots per plant. Buds just
::: showing on some, not on others. Any chance of cut flowers from them?
::
:
: Yes, but what I'm saying is that most of them haven't even got buds
: yet, so will THEY flower.

hmmmm don't know, they're a bit late aren't they... let me know if they do.
By the way who do you get yours from or do you take your own cuttings?

Old 03-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Trevor Appleton

"Robert" wrote in message
Trevor Appleton wrote:
: "Robert" wrote in message
: ...
:: Trevor Appleton wrote:
::: Never grown them B4. Got a collection of lates in spring. Planted in
::: the veg plot. Stopped at some point in early summer. Moved to
::: polytunnel three weeks ago. Got 3-6 shoots per plant. Buds just
::: showing on some, not on others. Any chance of cut flowers from them?
::
:: Yes they are supposed to flower about now.... mine are
::
:
: Yes, but what I'm saying is that most of them haven't even got buds
: yet, so will THEY flower.

hmmmm don't know, they're a bit late aren't they... let me know if they
do.
By the way who do you get yours from or do you take your own cuttings?

I got them mail order, but I'm hopeless at keeping records!

Old 03-10-2004, 11:27 PM
David Hill

Are they Bloom or spray chrysanths?
Do you have any idea of the varieties?