Old 17-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Mike

Default Cruises

In article , Mike
writes
I am in the very early stage of planning 2 cruises. The first on is for
ex Royal Navy persons ONLY on Fred Olson's Black Prince in April 2004,
but the second one will interest readers of these newsgroups as it will
be visiting Madeira amongst other places on a 10 day cruise in October
2004 and visiting Gibraltar for 2 days for the Tri Centenary
Celebrations.

Both are Private Charter and applications via me by email please. Name
and addresses for details when confirmed.

adding uk.people.ex-forces

and answering some question raised.

No, money and prices have not been calculated yet.

Yes, there will be conducted excursions ashore.

Black Prince will be going, as far as we know to Caen and Antwerp and
will sail on Tuesday 27th April 2004. (After the ship's cruises as
advertised in the 2003/2004 in the Fred Olson Cruise catalogue)

I was shown over Black Prince by the Cruise Director on Friday Morning
and I am impressed with her. Reports from people who have sailed in her
are more than satisfied.

No, not really suitable for children, but they will not be barred,
However they are expected to be well behaved and keep the dress standard
set by the ship.

Yes, groups of you can come. No, one person does not have to take the
responsibility of the whole group. Yes, I can arrange you sit and dine
together.

The ship being used for the October trip to Gibraltar is the Van Gough
but I do not have too much information on that.

Many thanks for the interest, I will get an information sheet out
sometime in the near future.

Mike
Reunions for all Services now provided.
http://www.iowtours.com/reunion.htm

Old 04-11-2002, 12:27 PM
kevin heath

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Mike
writes
I am in the very early stage of planning 2 cruises. The first on is for
ex Royal Navy persons ONLY on Fred Olson's Black Prince in April 2004,

I was shown over Black Prince by the Cruise Director on Friday Morning
and I am impressed with her. Reports from people who have sailed in her
are more than satisfied.

Having sailed onthe Black Prince and other Fred Olsen ship I can vouch for
that. They are of a more 'classic' cruise persuasion rather than the more
popular cruise companies like celebrity and the airtours cruise company
which I cann't remember the name of at the moment. Fred Olsen do some nice
specialaty cruises with some great guest lecturers. I think it was last year
they had some lectures by Sir Patrick Moore. One cruise I went on was around
the cape of Africa and it included a number of day safaris ashore. Very
enjoyable and informative.

The ship being used for the October trip to Gibraltar is the Van Gough
but I do not have too much information on that.

Oh dear.
Been on that ship to. I really don't spend my life cruising - I do need to
work occassionally. Ship regularly sails out of Plymouth I believe. Not
quite upto the standards of Fred Olsen but very comfortable anyway. It seems
to be a predominately charter ship that is used a lot for local newspapers
'readers offers' type of holiday. Food, accommodation and facilities is
adequate although not of a standard of classic cruising. It's also not a
particularly large ship so space is a bit limited.

------

--
God Bless
Kevin Heath