Old 27-09-2002, 07:51 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Pocket Reference

"Peter Charles Fagg" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know of the existence of a pocket reference for plants? I
am starting a new job on Monday as an assistant at a garden centre and
there are bound to be those with unanswered questions.
Regards Peter Charles Fagg. Freshwater, Isle of Wight.

Dictionary of Plant names by Allen J Coombes

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 28-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Peter Charles Fagg

Peter if you are going to work where I think you are, (The Old Railway
Station?) there are plenty more staff to ask. You will find that the
clientele will be regulars, and local and know you:-)) A very old
established Garden Centre, I use their other new branch :-))

As you will be 'The New Boy' don't be afraid to ask the other members of
staff, as you say, you are going to be 'an Assistant', not 'The Expert
Consultant'!!

Best wishes in your new job.

Mike

Yes, quite correct and thanks for best wishes. Please come in
sometime and make yourself known, it would be good to put a face to
the name from the IOW group.
Old 28-09-2002, 10:19 PM
Mike

In article , Peter
Charles Fagg writes

Peter if you are going to work where I think you are, (The Old Railway
Station?) there are plenty more staff to ask. You will find that the
clientele will be regulars, and local and know you:-)) A very old
established Garden Centre, I use their other new branch :-))

As you will be 'The New Boy' don't be afraid to ask the other members of
staff, as you say, you are going to be 'an Assistant', not 'The Expert
Consultant'!!

Best wishes in your new job.

Mike

Yes, quite correct and thanks for best wishes. Please come in
sometime and make yourself known, it would be good to put a face to
the name from the IOW group.

:-)) Will do!

Good luck for Monday.

Mike

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup.

Old 28-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Mike

In article , Peter
Charles Fagg writes

Yes, quite correct and thanks for best wishes. Please come in
sometime and make yourself known, it would be good to put a face to
the name from the IOW group.

Had an email from an urgler who is on the urg trip to the Isle of Wight
I am organising for next Spring, 'How about calling in whilst we are on
the Island?' :-) Might just do that. :-))

Mike

Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue.

Old 30-09-2002, 12:10 AM
DaveDay34

The pocket flower expert.

The pocket tree and shrub expert.

The pocket garden troubles expert.

I have to say I for one would be shall we say, bemused, if I went into a
garden centre and an assistant pulled out one of these titles!

(snip)
//
Jim

Why bemused, Jim?