GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Skimmia Reevesiana (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8467-re-skimmia-reevesiana.html)

Jane Ransom 28-09-2002 09:08 AM

Skimmia Reevesiana

In article , Tony tony-
writes
I have a Skimmia Reevesiana in a container in ericaceous soil. When I bought
the plant
last year its leaves were a nice dark green. But now the leaves are pale green
and have
lots of tiny spotted markings on them. I've used an anti-fungus spray, but it
hasn't made
any difference. I can't see any insect infestation. The plant has just
started
produce its flowers, so it's doing okay other than the leaf colour/markings.

What's causing the leaves to lose their colour and shine, and what can I do?

It is either hungry or having its roots attacked by something. Turn it
out of its pot to check the roots are not being attacked and if not
repot it in fresh ericaceous compost. Next year feed it fairly regularly
with something like Miracid.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Victoria Clare 28-09-2002 01:35 PM

Skimmia Reevesiana

Jane Ransom wrote in
:

[...]

I found that skimmias in strong light go paler in colour. If this one is
in full sun, moving it to somewhere a bit more shaded might help (though
now the days are getting shorter it may start to darken again anyway).

Victoria Clare

Tony 28-09-2002 03:45 PM

Skimmia Reevesiana

Can I feed it now with Miracid, or is it too late in the season? I've just re-potted it,
and there's no sign of any vine weevil or other creepies.

Thanks

Jane Ransom 28-09-2002 04:32 PM

Skimmia Reevesiana

In article , Tony tony-
writes
Can I feed it now with Miracid, or is it too late in the season? I've just re-
potted it,
and there's no sign of any vine weevil or other creepies.

If you've just repotted it into new ericaceous compost, there should be
no need to feed it until next summer's 'growing' season.