Old 07-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Storage Bench - Recommendations

I'm looking for an attractive bench to go by my front door, with built in
storage under the seat for storing boots. I've found one at crocus.co.uk -
called a sussex bench - but it's not very attractive and is extortionately
priced at £200. What I have in mind is something similar but a more
conventional bench shape with a higher back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 08-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Paul Giverin

In message , Martin Sykes
writes
I'm looking for an attractive bench to go by my front door, with built in
storage under the seat for storing boots. I've found one at crocus.co.uk -
called a sussex bench - but it's not very attractive and is extortionately
priced at £200. What I have in mind is something similar but a more
conventional bench shape with a higher back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

If all else fails you could probably make one yourself. Looking at the
picture, there's not much to it (flat packed) and you could make one
with the higher back you require. You can buy pinewood boards in 600mm
widths and varying lengths which would be suitable if treated. A hand
saw and a jigsaw would probably be all you need in the way of tools.

--
Paul Giverin

Old 15-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Helen Hartley

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
I'm looking for an attractive bench to go by my front door, with built in
storage under the seat for storing boots. I've found one at crocus.co.uk -
called a sussex bench - but it's not very attractive and is extortionately
priced at £200. What I have in mind is something similar but a more
conventional bench shape with a higher back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Plans for similar with high back:

(watchout for wordwrap)

http://popularmechanics.mondosearch....CHES+workbench

Helen

Old 15-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Martin Sykes

"Helen Hartley" wrote in message

Plans for similar with high back:

(watchout for wordwrap)

http://popularmechanics.mondosearch....CHES+workbench

Helen

Thanks for that. I want something a bit more ornate but I can use that as a
starting point.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Garden Storage Box - any recommendations please?? Craven United Kingdom 4 01-11-2010 01:02 PM
Flip-up Garden Bench? Katherine Gardening 1 20-04-2004 06:09 PM
[IBC] bench pics adam roler Bonsai 3 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Heated bench david United Kingdom 0 23-02-2003 09:41 PM
Propagation Bench construction trevor.appleton United Kingdom 11 23-02-2003 11:31 AM