GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Removing Council Owned Trees? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8479-removing-council-owned-trees.html)

Cicero 29-09-2002 01:33 PM

Removing Council Owned Trees?

"Top Cat" wrote in message
news:vjhl9.751$Op4.96001@newsfep2-gui...
I've got a very large Silver Birch tree just outside my boundary. It's on

council owned verge, overhangs my property, and the sap makes a hell of

the
mess of my car when parked on the driveway, it's a bloody nuisance!. Do

you
think as if I asked the council they would be obliged to remove it and

plant
something else more appropiate?

P.S. I'm a private householder.

===============
I believe you can make a rather nice light wine from the sap of birch trees.
Why not take advantage of the free supply on your doorstep? The Council may
have something to say about it eventually but until they remove their sap
you will enjoy the fruits of the land for free!

Cic.

IP 29-09-2002 08:59 PM

Removing Council Owned Trees?

| Hi
| Firstly some simple questions.
|
| Has the tree grown to such an extent since you bought the House that it

now
| overhangs?
|
| Was the drive always there ?
|
| And finally will be happy when as Wiltshire council now seem hell bent

on
| doing have chopped all the trees in your county down that pose any risk

of
| them being sued by Sap fallen branches etc .

Are you one of these 'tree hugging' hippies or do you want to help?

That depends, No I dont want to help someone cut a tree down because it
drops Sap on his car that he parks under it.. Which more than likely was
there before he was. as much as I want to assist in the shooting of every
bird that Sh**s on someones car. All my cars are covered in sap Bird sh**
etc because I chose to live on the edge of a wood. it just means I have to
clean them more often.
Ian

Zizz 29-09-2002 09:16 PM

Removing Council Owned Trees?

"Hugo Nebula" wrote in message
From the chaotic regions of the Cryptosphere, Mike
wrote on Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:58:24 +0100:

snip 65 line rant

Jeez, some newsgroups are scary!
--
Hugo Nebula
"You know, I'd rather see this on TV,

Oh that .... that's baby talk compared to others I've seen!

Steve Walker 30-09-2002 12:46 AM

Removing Council Owned Trees?

Mike wrote:

Getting back to your question, Audit are 'your' eyes on the
efficiency of the Council. I have warned Council Employees that
their time/effort is being monitored, but regret I wasn't
believed:-((

What a load of tosh................

Steve Harris 30-09-2002 02:20 AM

Removing Council Owned Trees?

In article ,
(David J Clarke) wrote:

Dont be so sure. I think its called 'Topping and lopping' and
requires permission from (surprise) the local authority to do it
(since the great storm, any broadleaf tree must be respected and
nurtured. I think it has more rights than a refugee).

The relevant legislation was passed some years after the storm. The
species of tree or the narrowness of the leaves are irrelevant. If the
tree is in a conservation area and above a certain size, you have to
give the Council 6 weeks *notice* of your intention. They then either
slap a TPO on the tree or not.